Funding new salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannahsmith88

Reaction score
Princess trust and other places only fund people with no jobs or under 16hours! How is this fair? Working my arse off for 6years and 3years part time to support all these people on my tax and national insurance, and when it cones to helping set up a business they don't wanna no me because I am employed! How is this fair? I'm 23 and impossible to get a loan or anything as I'm so young abd the country is so it debt but hard working people get nothing!
Contemplating quoting work, sitting on my arse doing f all, let everyone pay for me to have kids and a house then claim all the money to set up a business! Grrrr

If you have 6 years employment history, good credit history and a faultless business plan then you will get a loan with no problems.

Need 1/3 of the loan! Just seems so unfair!

I know what your saying ive been doing hairdressing for 20years and because im 35 there was no funding for me .I know someone how has just left collage a few months ago and got funding and has only work in a salon for 6 months but they way to look at it is you will have done it by yourself and that will be a reward in it self :)

Yes I hope so Sharon! But they also provided support etc not just money! Just don't seem right when I've been trying to do it the right way! It's impossible nowadays to get a loan, mortgage or anything under 25 cause I'm paying off generations of debt instead! What is the point?
And how can someone whos been unemployed just walk straight into a business when I've been working my arse off since I was 13 to get where I am... Nowhere!!
Just needed a rant also ranted at the princess trust! Def won't be helping them out if I become a millionaire lol

Princess trust and other places only fund people with no jobs or under 16hours! How is this fair? Working my arse off for 6years and 3years part time to support all these people on my tax and national insurance, and when it cones to helping set up a business they don't wanna no me because I am employed! How is this fair? I'm 23 and impossible to get a loan or anything as I'm so young abd the country is so it debt but hard working people get nothing!
Contemplating quoting work, sitting on my arse doing f all, let everyone pay for me to have kids and a house then claim all the money to set up a business! Grrrr

Thats not entirely correct, myself and daughter worked for the same company and both lost our jobs in february, I had to claim benefit for 6 weeks and during that time tried to get funding to do some courses and was told no, so I ended up doing domestic cleaning to get myself off benefit (which im still doing in order to fund the training I want to do within the beauty business).

My daughter aged 21, who is qualified in graphic design and photography looked into getting funding to start up her own photography business when she lost her job and was also told no, she has never claimed any benefit and still refuses to, even though she does not have a penny coming in and is struggling to get her business off the ground.

so not ALL people on benefit or under 25 are entitled to this funding, I have no idea how some people manage to get help but its not as simple as age or claming benefit.

Jacky x

hello Hannah :)

If you are the Hannah I think you are... my loverly you have done so well and your a big inspiration to me :)

Business Link helped me out so much...but the governement are scrapping them later on in the year- it's totally free and they know what they are talking about. They suggested Natwest and Lloyds tsb are more flexible to lend to small businesses...

xx

I don't no what Hannah you think I am lol? So I guess not!?
Yea I've done a few of those! They are great! But they don't do the on call business thing etc for 2years like princess trust do!
And the lady above, I wasn't pushing you all in the same boat just meant in general it seems working hard does you no favours!

whoops wrong hannah then! Soz.

Sounds like u need a business partner or investor experienced in business to help you out.

Why can't you cut down your full time hours and at least work for yourself part time and build up? Funding and clients?

I was granted princes trust fundinxg and i was full time employment

I know exactly what you mean about people that have been on benefits getting all the help.
And before people jump down my throat i mean the kind of people that literally sit on their arse for years on benefits.

My mum has been on benefits for 4 months and went to apply for a job and then wanted tax credits to top it up, but she cant get tax credits on a job until she's been on benefit for at least 6 months WTF??!!!

As for me, i cut my hours down at work due to anxiety and depression problems so on a lower wage and cant get ANY help whatsoever with anything.

If your on benefit you get free prescriptions, a lot of courses are free or cheaper, help with housing etc, help to set businesses up etc, it's completely unfair!

And yes if you have a work history and perfect credit score you can get loans, but what about the people in the middle, like me, who constantly struggle with money and have debts etc, i will never be worthy in a banks eyes of a loan and because im 26 and employed, all be it 18 hours, I get sod all help!

Dancing Diva, out of interest how did you get funding from Princes Trust? Can i ask how old you are?

Get used to it Hannah, lol. It's not just in business that this happens. From cradle to grave, those who work their butts off struggle to get any help whilst those who sit on their buts get everything handed to them on a silver platter. I'm one of those people who wouldn't dream of sitting on my butt and am always on the go. Thankfully, my business is going from strength to strength but it is a trifle bit annoying when the people down the road earn the same as me and my husband; between us we work approx 90 hours per week compared to down the road who work squat. Fair? No way. But at least I go to bed at night with my head held high.

And the lady above, I wasn't pushing you all in the same boat just meant in general it seems working hard does you no favours!

I know you wasn't, I was just saying, I would love to know how some people get the funding xx

Well unless you Live in Scotland or Wales where they get everything for nothing, princess tryst told me it was impossible to get any help from them in England if I'm in full time employment! I'm in same boat I work my arse off but never been fortunate, just sat in the middle working my arse off for penny's and never recieve help! By time I retire there Wong be retirement! Makes me wonder what I pay tax for?

Hey hannah, as a scot who gets no benefits, please dont generalise. It makes you sound nasty!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Well unless you Live in Scotland or Wales where they get everything for nothing, princess tryst told me it was impossible to get any help from them in England if I'm in full time employment! I'm in same boat I work my arse off but never been fortunate, just sat in the middle working my arse off for penny's and never recieve help! By time I retire there Wong be retirement! Makes me wonder what I pay tax for?

i think you are out of order there , scottish peeps have different laws to england and i dont for a minute think they get everything ,
and to be honest you are no different than anyone else , life sucks but no doubt you are better off than some people , maybe you should be grateful for what you have got

hannah - i dont mean to sound horrid but your not the only one to be in this situation!

if your really committed to starting your own business then your going to have to utilise your energy in learning the ins and out of business (there is so much information on the internet, books and salon geek is priceless), working longer days to save the money and networking with people who can support you in business, than complaining about the things that you cant get!

not everyone who is on benefits is automatically entitled to funding, nor do they choose to be on benefits!

your complaining about other who are getting something for nothing - however this is exactly what you are expecting!

work hard to set your self up coz your going to have to work your bum off when you are set up coz there are not groups/trusts that get those clients in for you!

I wish you the best of luck for you venture! work hard for what you want and you reap the rewards!

I'm just wondering, if you've been in employment for so long, why don't you just try and save up? I'm sure plenty of us have done it, and like people have already said, you're not the only one.

You get a far greater sense of achievement doing it yourself from scratch. I started buying bits while I was going through college, instead of saving, working three jobs to do so. So I didn't have to outlay loads when I finished. I went straight into self employment, at 18, with no help. start small, build a clientele, get bigger.

if your really committed to starting your own business then your going to have to utilise your energy in learning the ins and out of business (there is so much information on the internet, books and salon geek is priceless), working longer days to save the money and networking with people who can support you in business, than complaining about the things that you cant get!

not everyone who is on benefits is automatically entitled to funding, nor do they choose to be on benefits!

your complaining about other who are getting something for nothing - however this is exactly what you are expecting!

work hard to set your self up coz your going to have to work your bum off when you are set up coz there are not groups/trusts that get those clients in for you!

Couldn't agree more!

I am in wales and believe me I got nothing! Funding is down to the industry u work in and ours is not one which qualifies, I need a disabled ramp to my salon but was told no. So like everything else I have u will continue to work my guts out 60-70 hr weeks, to pay for it myself! I too get sucked off when I see people with their brand new cars etc all paid for but my kids are growing up with the knowledge that if u want something u have to get off ur butt and work for it. I am just glad I absolutely adore my job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back