Fungal infection treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailAddiction

Salon Owner & Educator
Reaction score
Hi geeks.

I have a fungal infection on my toe and have been given tablets to get rid of it. Ive had the tablets for a while now and keep on trying to take them but I am ridiculous and struggle to swallow tablets whole (the packet says to swallow the tablets whole) is there anything else I can use to get rid of this infection??

Thanks

What about that Fungus Fix by OPI? Xx

Or curanail (sp?) that I think you get over the counter but it's expensive xx

Would this help as the infection is across the whole of my nail now?? I really don't care how much it costs as long as I get rid of it!! Thanks :)

Is it a bacterial infection or fugus?
I have tea tree oil from Young Nails and given this to a few lady,s who had an bacterial infection. Its put right there where it should go and can grow out.

Ow fungus as you already said haha

Has your doctor given you a topical treatment, or just oral? Apparently the combination of both helps to get rid of it.
xxx

young nails thymol is specifically (big word again izzidoll lol) for treating fungal infections. a couple of drops day and night to epi & hypo- nychium should help.

Ok this is gonna sound really really weird but my nan has had a fungal infection on her toenails since she was In her twenties (gross I no but she's petrified of the doctors), anyway she's tried everything under the sun but the past few weeks she's been soaking her feet in listerine mouthwash and putting Vicks (yes I know both so random) every night and oh my days they look normal!! Worth a shot I suppose?? Hth xxx

Hi geeks.

I have a fungal infection on my toe and have been given tablets to get rid of it. Ive had the tablets for a while now and keep on trying to take them but I am ridiculous and struggle to swallow tablets whole (the packet says to swallow the tablets whole) is there anything else I can use to get rid of this infection??

Thanks

Both my Mum & husband had a fungal infection on their big toe.

Mum couldn't take the tablets so applies topically stuff from Dr & it still hasn't quite gone in 18 months.
Husband took tablets from Dr (he also hated taking the tablets as they made him loose his taste buds while on them) his went in a few months.
Internally it works loads quicker as that is where the infection is.

I have been persistent trying to take the tablets but just cannot take tablets!! I'm going to try the curanail and see if that helps!

the tablets are probably the faster option. I say faster but still not fast! While taking the tablets you need to ensure the infected toe nail has completely grown out from the nail. Any left behind will spread down the nail again from the free edge. Hubby has had this on and off over the years and unless he has grown it out completely, it continues to grow again. So tablets to stop the spread and grow infected nail out or it won't go.

If you want rid - take tablets! Break them in half if it helps but take them.
That fungus spreads to other toes if left untreated.
It takes time to grow out but is worth it in the end. Stick with it!

I have been persistent trying to take the tablets but just cannot take tablets!! I'm going to try the curanail and see if that helps!

Really, if you don't wanna take tablets try the mouthwash soak and Vicks at night, it really works! Lol I don't know why or how it works but it does, maybe google it x

Really, if you don't wanna take tablets try the mouthwash soak and Vicks at night, it really works! Lol I don't know why or how it works but it does, maybe google it x

I've put mouthwash and Vicks on my shopping list!! Will keep you updated :) thanks!!

Latest posts

Back