Galaxy nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenSparkles

Reaction score
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has given this trend a go, and if so how did you do it?

Think I'm going to give It a whirl after my holidays.

Also, attach piccys :) xxx

Yeah I really like it. Simple and effective! X

Been looking at loads of pics of these over last few days and going it a go at the weekend, looks fun tho think it looks easier than it going to be lol

I love galaxy nails..I think it's one of my favourite, if not my favourite nail designs I've done so far. And it IS easy peasy :)

For all of you Galaxy Lovers...I just stumbled on a cute simple tutorial to add to this collection of galaxy nails! Hope You like it!:D

Easy Galaxy Nail Art - YouTube

These videos have given me a few idea, if they work will update the thread.. I'm of to capital later for few supplies :)

2 I quickly did before going to capital, not great but fun :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348757856.584615.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348757856.584615.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 503
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348757940.678238.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348757940.678238.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 462
I must be really out of touch with fashion trends because I've never heard of these before!! They're absolutely beautiful though, my 16 year old daughter has just had a look and she wants me to do them on her!

I'm contemplating giving them a go in Shellac/additives. It would be a shame to put the time and effort into doing them in normal polish and have them chipping after a couple of days.

I think they would look great on toes, and I wonder if it would work if you get some silver holographic foil, and press small dots of it on with a toothpick to make some really shiny stars?

I'm going to try it on gellux later and I've just done some black gel nails to try some powders, think it should look good.

Well doing my 1st as daughter saw them on fb and came rushing downstairs saying I want those on my thumbs please before I go out, so doing some now

And pic below is in gel (cuccio pronto I norm use for Swarovski toes)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348761481.352921.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348761481.352921.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 528
Lovely!! I think they look amazing!!

I'm reluctant to post this as I know they're not good enough..but it was my first try and I know needs to be done now to improve it..ie softer stars, more neatly designed north stars.

Just to show you them done in shellac ...:o

Attachments

• IMAG0303.jpg
    IMAG0303.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 2,209
There are loads of tutorials on YouTube & Instagram. Going to have a go later on. I don't offer gelish/shellac though so doubt they will last long :( xx

I'm reluctant to post this as I know they're not good enough..but it was my first try and I know needs to be done now to improve it..ie softer stars, more neatly designed north stars.

Just to show you them done in shellac ...:o

The colours behind look amazing, I used the pin type dotting tool for mine and a coat of glitter polish :) xx

The colours behind look amazing, I used the pin type dotting tool for mine and a coat of glitter polish :) xx

Thanks hun..yeah I used a tooth pick but still wasnt small enough =/ maybe not as much polish on it and a lighter touch might help.

Thumbs I just did for my daughter, pic taken with a flash

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348762695.053671.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348762695.053671.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 360

Latest posts

Back