Game suggestions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
We normally take Trivial Pursuit on hols with us but we are getting bored with it now and I am sure we have answered all of the questions LOL.

Any suggestions as to alternatives for fun and entertainment that is not too brain taxing.

I can generally only answer the pink questions though.

There are 4 adults and two young teens.

What is the best family game you have played!

I always like monopoly but nobody will play with me, they all say I'm too competetive :cry: lol!

Charades can be fun, but does get a bit boring after a while.

We have a lot of fun with 'Balderdash'

It's a bit like 'call my Bluff' and we get some really funny made up meanings for the words given in the game. Lots of laughs & lots of imagination.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I dont particularly like Monopoly.

I have gone for Articulate and Boggle (I think that is what it is called)

Monopoly deal is great fun - it's a card game and slightly different in that you have to collect 3 full sets of property but your properties can be stolen, swapped and even demanded as payment for rent!
It took a couple of hands for us to et used to it but we all love it now.
Can be very quick.

another game we all love is The London Game - (based on the london underground), you have to visit 6 destinations and then return to your starting station. There are, of course, plenty of obstacles that arise during the game to make this an awful lot more tricky than you might think! It is great fun!

Monopoly deal is great fun - it's a card game and slightly different in that you have to collect 3 full sets of property but your properties can be stolen, swapped and even demanded as payment for rent!
It took a couple of hands for us to et used to it but we all love it now.
Can be very quick.

another game we all love is The London Game - (based on the london underground), you have to visit 6 destinations and then return to your starting station. There are, of course, plenty of obstacles that arise during the game to make this an awful lot more tricky than you might think! It is great fun!

My fella went on a trip last weekend and came back raving about monopoly deal. Id never heard of it before. He's already bought a pack so we can play when I see him!

Personally I love Cranium as a family game as theres lots of parts to it, think you need quite a few people for that tho.

I like Yahtzee...it's a fun, family game. Enjoy your holiday! :hug:

oooo i love boggle! it used to be my favourite game when i was little, but my brother and sister wouldnt play it with me :-(

oooo i love boggle! it used to be my favourite game when i was little, but my brother and sister wouldnt play it with me :-(

Me too. I love word games. Im no good at number games.

Plus Boggle makes me smile cos it reminds me of Peggy Hill!

If you like Boggle, try Quiddler. I just started playing this and it is so much fun. It's like a cross between Scrabble and Gin Rummy. You get a hand of cards and you have to arrange them to make words.

Plus, it's just a deck of cards, so it's small and easy to take with you.

What about Pictionary? We always have a really good laugh with that.

Latest posts

Back