Garden Muse Shellac collection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So its a new collection with two old colours and additives that are already out... somehow I'm now not as excited...

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

So its a new collection with two old colours and additives that are already out... somehow I'm now not as excited...

Totally agree.....😕

I'm relieved because I'm skint! 🙈 very excited for the pink glitter infact I love the look if all 4 new colours 😍

I agree... I would love some more glitters. I kno I can put glitter ontop but I think u get a more subtle in depth glitter when its actually in the shellac... this was 1.of the reasons I now stock gelish as well as shellac but its costing me a fortune esp on the 2 diff base n tops I need to buy. I also feel a bit ripped off at ordering the new additives and I got them n they r TINY!!! For the money I dnt think they r worth it concidering the only 2 that hav been popular are humming bird and dream lilly! Which is already half way finished.. no way am I buying a full pack jus for 1 pot... need to find an alternative? ??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I asked Jan Arnold on facebook about the CND Additive size issue......the reply wasnt from Jan but here you go!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1422980503693.jpg
    1422980503693.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 696
I asked Jan Arnold on facebook about the CND Additive size issue......the reply wasnt from Jan but here you go!

Well out of the 5 I got only 2 have been used and dream lilly is half finished done dnt kno what im say to my poor clients but I refuse to pay £32 to get 1 tiny pot of additive even tho.it is incredible. .. think its a bit of a rip off u can only buy as a pack :(

Why would some1 complain about havin too much of something is beyond me??

Why would some1 complain about havin too much of something is beyond me??

I doubt that nail techs actually complained about the "surplus". I think that it is just the excuse cnd decided to go with for downsizing the additives. Even if tech's had complained, I'm sure that they didn't mean that they wanted a lot less for the same price! For a company that talks all the time about always considering the nail techs bottom line, sometimes they really don't show it. For example, being forced to buy all additives when you only want one, or when they come out with duos whose second color is significantly less popular than it's pair.

I personally think they would actually.make a fortune if they sold the more popular additives separately. I also feel the colours beed more variety. Lo e shellac used it from the start but ive niw started stocking gelish as they colours are fantastic x

Look what Ive just seen :)

Attachments

• 1423072741818.jpg
    1423072741818.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,887
Absolutely devastated the teal looks shimmery! Hot ski is already shimmery I don't care if it's a different shade. Shimmer is more popular with older clients why put a shimmer in a bright colour that's going to be more popular with younger clients. Young ones rarely pick a shimmer they like bright block colours.

Lost labrynth looks a lot like Hotski... sick of these samey colours! Hopefully it looks better in person... would have loved a bright creme teal!

Attachments

• 1423089040575.jpg
    1423089040575.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,945
Agree disappointed with the that one... The other three tho 😍😍 then creekside and salmon run will be perfect additions for my collection for summer excited!!

I stock every single colour cnd brings out and yet again these aren't hugely different from what we already have! I
Recently done some more training and the trainer worked for gelish, I am amazed at their colour collection and glitters! I'm at a cross roads now weather to stay with shellac or give my clients a new option....!
Still not over the fact that VIP silver and gold have gone!!!!

I wish for a periwinkle everytime new colours come out! Would love a periwinkle blue with no shimmer x

It's been a long time since I have been this happy about a collection and I can't wait to get my hands on every single one of them.

I stock every single colour cnd brings out and yet again these aren't hugely different from what we already have! I
Recently done some more training and the trainer worked for gelish, I am amazed at their colour collection and glitters! I'm at a cross roads now weather to stay with shellac or give my clients a new option....!
Still not over the fact that VIP silver and gold have gone!!!!

We carry both brands in our spa. Honestly, Shellac wins over and over. Even the younger clients prefer Shellac over Gelish despite Gelish having an amazing assortment of colours.
Heck we carry LCN Recolution gel polish and Shellac comes out on top.
The fact is, our clients do not mind at all coming in biweekly for their Shellac treatment because it is gentle to their nails. Shellac may not have amazing neons, glitters etc... but they do have a great assortment of all shades so each client has plenty to choose from.
Secondly, Shellac application and removal for us, the techs is a dream. Such control over the product, it stays where you put it.

I feel like such a fool investing into 2 other systems in hopes of pleasing these "young people" when all our young people were already happy to begin with.
I will eventually phase out both Gelish and LCN gel polishes.
However, it will be quite a loss to take.
Just thought I would share my experience.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Like them all but I am dying for a non metallic or non shimmery teal!!

And as for them adding two old colours to the collection to show what colours work well with them is a weird thing to do, I'm sure we can see what colours compliment each other without being told or being added to a new collection 😑

I think if would make more sense to release creme colours because you can add a shimmer to a flat colour using additives. However you can't remove a shimmer to make a creme colour. Surely that would make more sense and leave more options open to clients?

Latest posts

Back