Gateway Workshops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desi Chick

Reaction score
Last edited:
Hi , yes I have done a couple of workshops with them. They were good.
X

I have also done two courses with Gateway Workshops and found both my courses were excellent. They are insurable, you can earn CPDpoints and are Accredited by BABTAC, FHT, The Guild to name a few. The groups are small (up to six) and everyone who is there wants to learn. I will definitely do another. x

Hey,

Thankyou for your responses. I have booked the Hotstone Massage course with them. Looking forward to it.

Desi Chick :green:

I did the hot stone massage with them as did my daughter who has also done indian head,pregnancy massage and thai foot massage.We are both trained therapists anyway and have found them to be very good add ons.

They are generally quite good, but found their Pregnancy massage course dreadful, it was held at St Thomas', there were about 20+ people in the group and we spent the first half hour throwing a bean bag at each other as an icebreaker, very disappointed.

I have found a really good training company, Body and Soul, they are at Bushey which is in Herts, but very near to north west London, so easy to get to. I have done Indian Head Massage, On Site Chair Massage, Thai Foot and some advanced Massage courses, Soft Tissue and would really recommend them.

They are generally quite good, but found their Pregnancy massage course dreadful, it was held at St Thomas', there were about 20+ people in the group and we spent the first half hour throwing a bean bag at each other as an icebreaker, very disappointed.

I have found a really good training company, Body and Soul, they are at Bushey which is in Herts, but very near to north west London, so easy to get to. I have done Indian Head Massage, On Site Chair Massage, Thai Foot and some advanced Massage courses, Soft Tissue and would really recommend them.

It must depend on where you go.Helen Kenyon who trains many of the courses in herts/London only ever accepts 6 people on all her courses and then the date is shown as full.Certainly all the ones my daughter and i have done with her have never had more than that and they have all been very good.

i did manicure/pedicure with helen last week .. couldnt fault it, the best training ive had to be honest - helen was very friendly and down to earth and most importantly a brilliant tutor - i had already done spa manicure with cnd but she went over a few areas i wasnt confident with
i can confirm there were 6 of us in the class and we went over the time alocated time by about an hour simply because she was happy to answer our questions, and allow us to finish up without being rushed .. it does say on the prospectus can go over estimated time
im now going to book the beauty facial, natural facial lift massage and hand/arm - foot/leg massage - has anyone done these? really looking forward to them x
ps. the manual we were given is one of the most comprehensive i have been given on any training course, also has loads marketing tips .. cant recommend helen enough :)

Last edited:
I've done a course with them too. I'm always wary of day courses but as an add on / CPD course I found it excellent. My course was run by a really professional trainer who was excellent at passing on her knowledge and happy to answer questions we had.

i agree with redduck .. i was a little reluctant to book a 1 day course, but we covered so much and it was very hands on and to be honest i learnt more with helen and came away so much more confident in my abilities than i did the previous mani course i attended!

Hi!! Can I ask you how the Facial Course and the Lift Face Massage Course went? I'd like to book these two Course with Gateway. Thank you!!

Glad I found this thread. I was thinking of doing the body scrub/wraps course. Any one done that one?

It must depend on where you go.Helen Kenyon who trains many of the courses in herts/London only ever accepts 6 people on all her courses and then the date is shown as full.Certainly all the ones my daughter and i have done with her have never had more than that and they have all been very good.

Helen no longer trains for gateway. TBH, I find their one day massage courses pretty basic and wouldn't waste my money on them. Nothing to do with the tutors, but the content is lacking. Can't comment on the beauty side as I'm not a beauty therapist.

I agree with above about very basic , and when I needed help and advice on a problem I emailed the tutor several times with no response , my was beauty based

I've done 2 courses with them (GW Brows & Waxing) and found them both to be really good. I learnt a lot in 1 day and have since gone on to open my own little salon and so far the clients are trickling in nicely (I have another 2 this eve!!)

Helen no longer trains for gateway. TBH, I find their one day massage courses pretty basic and wouldn't waste my money on them. Nothing to do with the tutors, but the content is lacking. Can't comment on the beauty side as I'm not a beauty therapist.

You are right.She runs her own courses now.
As I said I think they are good as add ons if you already have massage and anatomy qualifications and experience.I wouldn't rate any day massage courses with no prior knowledge.

You are right.She runs her own courses now.
As I said I think they are good as add ons if you already have massage and anatomy qualifications and experience.I wouldn't rate any day massage courses with no prior knowledge.

Even as add ons for qualified practitioners they're pretty basic. I've done/seen what is taught on chair massage, IHM and pregnancy massage and it really is the basics. There are far better courses out there that go into more depth.

I agree with that. Have done a couple of the advanced massage courses and I found them a bit kind of general. Manuals are pretty good though.

Latest posts

Back