Geeks in France, Spain, Italy.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddyWishFish

Reaction score
Good Morning Geeks,

Just a Quick note to say to all geeks with kid's please please keep your kids protected during the hot weather, plenty of water, sun cream and in the shade. This comes after a warning was posted in my area yesterday as we are on a code red alert because of the hot weather everyone is dropping like fly's. At present it's 10.30 am and it's 92°D too hot to step out the house. Of course this goes out to everyone everywhere that's having good weather, please remember also to check in on any OAP'S that you know of as they may need help during this hot spell.

Thank you.

It was 41 degrees yesterday here. And last night at 1am it was 35.5.
10 mins in the sun and you will burn no probs.
Little and often. People DO NOT realise that you can still get burned in the shade, so cover up with sun screen and light clothing. Especially your face sun block too !!!!!!!!!

The Valencian Community had a hot weather alert a few weeks ago and since then it's just got hotter and hotter... they're advising to drink plenty of water (but not alcoholic drinks or caffeine as they dehydrate the body)and to wear light loose clothing.
6 people have died in Spain so far this year from heatstroke!
we're in for some cooler weather hopefully, I saw the news this morning and the weather chap said we should expect a drop of 5 degrees in temperature which will be an absolute godsend, hopefully we'll be able to sleep through the night again!!!

I agree, It's unbarable here, yesterday our local supermerket ran out of water by the afternoon rush. As for sleeping forget it far too hot. A drop in temperature would be welcome and some rain would be great. My air conditioning has gone kaput today so we have been having cold showers to cool down.

Unfortunatly where we are is surrounded by mountians so there is just no wind reaching the city, my three year old is just laying on the cold floor to keep cool, poor thing can't even be bothered to play.

Oh well just typical I moan when it's hot I moan when it's cold.

Keep cool everyone and have a good summer.

mandy121060 said:
It was 41 degrees yesterday here. And last night at 1am it was 35.5.
10 mins in the sun and you will burn no probs.
Little and often. People DO NOT realise that you can still get burned in the shade, so cover up with sun screen and light clothing. Especially your face sun block too !!!!!!!!!

Blimey!!!I'm coming to Benalmadena in 2 weeks - hope I can cope! I've just had my son's head checked out at the dermatologist clinic as he has his hair grade 2 all over and I noticed some freckles on his scalp grown to the size of a pea, I was really worried - fortunatley they aren't nasties but he has to go back in 6 months - I shall make sure he wears a hat all the time, even in the pool - so busy covering them in sun cream - you forget about their heads! I won't now though thats for sure.

they also say not to go outside in the sun between 9 am and 4pm
as much as it s possible
and adults need to drink too not only kids
i ve seen something they were saying that if kids are not eating a lot it doesn t matter as long as they drink they were advising to give a lot of ice cream and things like that too
in france about 21 people died from the heat yet
i think the worse thing i heard was this little kid that escape from his grandparents watch and got trapped in a car for 3 hours he died form dehydratation :confused:
that s very sad
people have to be careful with their pets too because they suffer a lot and need fresh water
i read something that was saying to avoid dry animal food during the heat waves

Latest posts

Back