Gel and tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelnailz

Reaction score
Hey Geeks :hug:

I am trained in acrylics but was alway my intention to try and learn all systems.

Now I am making a bit of money I have invested it back in gel training which is about to start.

The kit you get with the course (NSI) does not include many tips so when I place my order for my acrylic supplies on Fri I shall purchase some extra tips but my question is when doing gels does it have to be clear tip (due to curing issues) or can you also use white/natural and if so do they last as well as if you uses a clear tip?

Thanks xx

I cant comment on NSI Gel but with Brisa you should really use clear to make sure the Gel is curing properly.

Hey Geeks :hug:

I am trained in acrylics but was alway my intention to try and learn all systems.

Now I am making a bit of money I have invested it back in gel training which is about to start.

The kit you get with the course (NSI) does not include many tips so when I place my order for my acrylic supplies on Fri I shall purchase some extra tips but my question is when doing gels does it have to be clear tip (due to curing issues) or can you also use white/natural and if so do they last as well as if you uses a clear tip?

Thanks xx

Hi, im still in college, doing my level 2. For Gel, we use natural nails, and on the NSI training DVD, the tutor uses natural too. You can get the DVD from NSI its really good! Costs £10 xxx

I cant comment on NSI Gel but with Brisa you should really use clear to make sure the Gel is curing properly.

Thanks Karen

My limited understanding of gels led me to think this (re NSI too) but it confuses me when folk have white tips and clear overlay, heard conflicting info re this xx

Hi, im still in college, doing my level 2. For Gel, we use natural nails, and on the NSI training DVD, the tutor uses natural too. You can get the DVD from NSI its really good! Costs £10 xxx

Thanks for that, I do still have my NSI training vid from the acrylic which has a gel section but they use a clear tip must be an older version. I think the kit includes a DVD as well, just getting ahead of myself :) xx

Thanks Karen

My limited understanding of gels led me to think this (re NSI too) but it confuses me when folk have white tips and clear overlay, heard conflicting info re this xx

I always use clear never ever used natural or white tips the gel needs the prober cure for strength and flexibility.
This is how I was taught and will continue to do :hug:

I always use clear never ever used natural or white tips the gel needs the prober cure for strength and flexibility.
This is how I was taught and will continue to do :hug:

Thanks for the info Karen :hug: xx

Thanks for the info Karen :hug: xx

No problem any time hun
You should contact your educator and speak to her to get up to date info on the Gel system:hug:

No problem any time hun
You should contact your educator and speak to her to get up to date info on the Gel system:hug:

Once the course starts I`m sure they will fill me in on the info xx

I use gel on my white, clear and natural tips. Never had a problem. I mostly do white tips (clients prefer this). The gel I use is from a local company. Angelic nails and Planet Nails.

XXX

Clear is your best option, as you can use them with any type of gel. If you are just using clear or really transparent gels, you can get away with using natural or white tips - because the UV energy can penetrate all the way through the gel for a complete cure. However, with white or color gels, you must use clear. The pigment can block the UV energy and then the gel may only cure on top and not the bottom (which can eventually lead to overexposure). With clear tips, the light bounces off the deck of the lamp, goes through the clear tip and can cure from bottom, as well as the top. The same applies with forms - clear should be used with white or color gels too.

Hope this is clear!

Clear is your best option, as you can use them with any type of gel. If you are just using clear or really transparent gels, you can get away with using natural or white tips - because the UV energy can penetrate all the way through the gel for a complete cure. However, with white or color gels, you must use clear. The pigment can block the UV energy and then the gel may only cure on top and not the bottom (which can eventually lead to overexposure). With clear tips, the light bounces off the deck of the lamp, goes through the clear tip and can cure from bottom, as well as the top. The same applies with forms - clear should be used with white or color gels too.

Hope this is clear!

Thanks so in therory I could do a white tip/clear gel but if I`m using a say brush on french white a clear tip would be best :hug: xxx

Thanks so in therory I could do a white tip/clear gel but if I`m using a say brush on french white a clear tip would be best :hug: xxx

You got it!

Latest posts

Back