Gel application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanja

Reaction score
I have been reading in some forums that many nail technicians clean the nails with cleanser after the first thin layer of gel, can you tell me why? And what do you think about that?

I for one would not do this, I dont cleanse the any of tacky layers until im ready to refine my shape. I use 2 different brands and was taught the same for both.

its done to prevent the colour bleeding and to give a very crisp smile line when the white gel is applied to do the tip.

dont know for sure on other brands but it never causes a problem with the lechat gels i use.

I was always under the impression that gel needs either the sticky layer or a buffed non shiny nail to adhere....??

I always apply my POW to the sticky layer of my pink and it never bleeds and gives a crisp smile line...i then apply a layer of clear to seal it and wipe and buff to shape prior to applying the gloss.

I was always under the impression that gel needs either the sticky layer or a buffed non shiny nail to adhere....??

I always apply my POW to the sticky layer of my pink and it never bleeds and gives a crisp smile line...i then apply a layer of clear to seal it and wipe and buff to shape prior to applying the gloss.

yes i was too, until it was done on my nails by the american lechat educator.
i was covinced it would be a problem, but it wasnt.
i do a layer of pink, then wipe. apply white then build afterwards.

still if you are fine as you are then all is good.
ive always found it gives me better results.
tried it with akzentz too and it was better.

Do you wipe even when you are not doing the white-french?

nope.
no need.

With Akzentz Options soak off gels it is OK to wipe off the tacky layer after you apply your Base N Gloss because it is a more flexible gel and the color will adhere with no problem. Doing so will help to prevent the color from shrinking and it will go on smoother.

Here is a quick tutorial
livepreview-1aspx.jpg

I don't wipe off the tacky layer. My first gel course i did i was taught that i should wipe the tacky layer but then i did my CND conversion course and was taught not to do this.

Latest posts

Back