Gel Chipping Off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChloeLouise

Reaction score
I've been doing gel nails for a few weeks now and I've had a couple of customers telling me that the gel has chipped off a couple of times.
I use the gel, uv top coat and my uv lamp.
I'm sure I'm missing out a step, could someone please, in simple terms put step by step instructions on how to apply gel nails.
Nothing to in detail, just basic steps.
(And can you not call things Zone 1 or technical terms)
just simple step by step

Thanks for your help!!

I do: buff and file and all that fist, then tips, buff tips, first layer, cure, second layer cure, then third layer, cure, buff if needed, shape; then top coat, cure. Also I go round with an orange stick each time .

I think that's all, Hopefully haven't left anything out, Otherwise this reply wont be very helpful, haha xx

Are they chipping over white tips.What system are you using.

I know this is a silly question but do I put the UV top coat over every layer then cure or just the last layer, then cure.

I've been doing gel nails for a few weeks now and I've had a couple of customers telling me that the gel has chipped off a couple of times.
I use the gel, uv top coat and my uv lamp.
I'm sure I'm missing out a step, could someone please, in simple terms put step by step instructions on how to apply gel nails.
Nothing to in detail, just basic steps.
(And can you not call things Zone 1 or technical terms)
just simple step by step

Thanks for your help!!

Are you still training or have you completed your course? This should all be covered in your training. If it wasn't, you need to go back to whoever trained you and ask them for more thorough information.

I did a 2 year course 3 years ago, so just need to refresh. Making sure I'm not missing anything out

Hi Chloe

The application completely depends on the product you are using. I would contact the makers of your product about getting yourself on a conversion course.

I use NSI and to me as a qualified tech the course was free and well worth me attending.

It also looks reassuring to your customers when you can display a cert from the company who make the products you use.

Hope this helps

Hi Chloe

The application completely depends on the product you are using. I would contact the makers of your product about getting yourself on a conversion course.

I use NSI and to me as a qualified tech the course was free and well worth me attending.

It also looks reassuring to your customers when you can display a cert from the company who make the products you use.

Hope this helps

Gorgeous-Tips,

How come an NSI conversion course was free for you? I am just qualified but after finding this forum would like to use a different system (one more popular) and having to wait to save up for one. I have look on the net but find no mention of a free course, would you be able to post a link or more details?

Thank you x

Latest posts

Back