Gel ll prepping with acetone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Do you still wipe over the nails with acetone like you would with the shellac prep?

I have just done two clients/friends nails one I used acetone after doing cuticle work and before applying the gel ll colour I wiped over with isopronol alcohol and found there was shrinkage at the free edge so I quickly went over the free edge before putting in the lamp.

The second client I didn't use any acetone at all just the isopronal alcohol before application and it went on perfectly, so not sure wether it's better to leave out the acetone?

Also does anyone else use the alcohol stuff (which is also used at the end to wipe of sticky layer) and found that it works just as well as the Gel ll prep stuff (sorry not sure what it's called) has any had any problems or found the gel not lasting as long when using the alcohol or does it not make a difference?

Do you still wipe over the nails with acetone like you would with the shellac prep?

I have just done two clients/friends nails one I used acetone after doing cuticle work and before applying the gel ll colour I wiped over with isopronol alcohol and found there was shrinkage at the free edge so I quickly went over the free edge before putting in the lamp.

The second client I didn't use any acetone at all just the isopronal alcohol before application and it went on perfectly, so not sure wether it's better to leave out the acetone?

Also does anyone else use the alcohol stuff (which is also used at the end to wipe of sticky layer) and found that it works just as well as the Gel ll prep stuff (sorry not sure what it's called) has any had any problems or found the gel not lasting as long when using the alcohol or does it not make a difference?
Hi alcohol should b used in the prep,and acetone is used for removal.

Definitely don't use acetone ie scrub fresh to prep with. Use the gel II brand (not sure of the name) or use dsperse, wait until fully dry then apply gel II. Use the dsperse to remove tacky layer at end too. X

I usually use acetone with the prep with shellac so usually just wipe over the nails to start with (unless they have just had their old shellac removed and have been soaked in acetone anyway) then use scrub fresh before shellac aplication ( I know not to use this before gel ll as it has acetone in it which is why I am asking If gel ll is different and I need to avoid acetone completley with gel ll other than removal)

I'm worried now I hope my friend who I wiped over with acetone will be ok do you think they will chip sooner now :-s annoying because she is really heavy handed and shellac tends to chip on her so I wanted to see if gel ll would be more suitable for her.

What about removal with acetone.. Does this not cause shrinkage when reapplying xx

What about removal with acetone.. Does this not cause shrinkage when reapplying xx
As long as you cleanse the nail plate thoroughly with the Gel II cleanser, there shouldn't be any acetone left on the nail plate.

I use cuticle away, then deactivate with soapy water, then Gell II cleanser, make sure to let it dry completely before applying polish. Works lovely! HTH x

It probably won't last on your friend. I did that the other day by mistake and it strayed chipping after a few days. When I applied it correctly with the dsperse the first time it did last longer. I hope she manages a little longer x

Ohhh my.... definitely do not use a removal product ie. Acetone at the beginning of your GEL application... it will only lead to lifting. Please use the product you were trained to use so clients get longevity and value for money x

Gel II super shine cleanser is the best product to use prior to application & to remove the sticky layer from top coat after curing.

In the absence of this, Mundo nail plate cleanser is a suitable alternative.

Many techs who have experienced shrinking or chipping have eliminated these issues by ensuring to use the correct lamp & prep products.

Iv used a little scrub fresh with all mine non shrunk back from the free edge and all lasted 2-3 weeks at least x

Just thought I would let you know I have just purchased the gel ll cleanser and read the ingredients, it's 98% ispronol alcohol which is quite high so it must of been fine just using 100% isopronal alcohol instead of the actual cleanser.

I'm going to use the gel ll cleanser to see if it's any different though.

I used dsperse and it was fine. Just taken my gel II off and my nails look and feel great!

Latest posts

Back