gel nail training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph

Reaction score
hi, i am a nail tech working with acrylic and silk but would like to work with gel also. could anyone recomend a really good product or an insight into the stregnths and weaknesses of some of the leading products. i would like to train to use these products so again would you recomend training with the supplier or independantly. i am also interested in nail art ie 3D and embeded. thanks steph:)

Well im bias and will recommend creative nail design for training everytime for any system, creative do brisa gel, it is file off and odour free, but there are lots of different gels out there, if you do a search and just put in gel you will get loads of info hth :hug:
Oh yeah can you update your profile so us nosy lot can get to know you a little better, cheers hun

Nailart and embedded work is no problem when working with gel.
I use Brisa gel by Creative Nail Design... it was the first hypoallergenic gel, I'm unsure as to whether there are anymore with that quality... it doesn't have the 3 main allergens which are acrylates, gluteraldehyde and formaldehyde, the last two are known to irritate the skin.
Brisa is strong, it's a file off gel, it comes in clear, pink, french warm pink, french cool pink, white and soft white, the latter two are also available as a paint on white (POW).
Training with Creative is, in my opinion, the best you can get, although there are some very good companies who also offer good training and products, I'm bound to be biased as I use their products :wink2:

hth's a bit.

There are a lot of companies which will provide you with very good training. Definitely read the information on the site, and read the reviews that a lot of the geeks have written.

One thing that I would recommend though, is whichever gel you choose, you will only get the best from it if you train with the company that you purchase the product from and use the UV light that is recommended for your gel product.

HTH's

i am a creative fan and use it myself in all other systems. but ive been out of nails a while and the last i heard (approx 18 months ago) brisa although good could break easily and bio gel were very good? can you enlighten me. have you worked with any other products?

the last i heard (approx 18 months ago) brisa although good could break easily
not if it's applied in the right way... if you place the apex correctly, use the Brisa lamp and get the training before using the product then you've got a recipe for success!

just read the posts and the minkus post. i would definately train with the supplier unless i opted for an NVQ has anyone done this and if so which type of gel nails did you use?
steph:)

I use the the Balance UV Gelby NSI its really easy to use and they have lovely colours.

xx

I have recently trained with calgel which is a soak off gel which you can also get in many colours.The customer aftercare is really good they actually ring you to check if you are having any problems and offer free problem solving days throughout the year.
Im really enjoying using it and am so far very satisfied.The downside is that it is quite expensive compared to other gels.

you could also try Gina in pontefract she could train you with magnetic. just put in a search for magnetic and it will come up. i see you live in south yorks so not too far to travel, and she really is fantastic.x

Latest posts

Back