Gel nails - nail dehydrator

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esallett

Reaction score
Hiya!!

I was wondering if anyone used anything else instead of nail dehydrator? Or anyone that doesn't use it?

I've never not used it - but just wondering if it was a necessity. I have heard hand sanitiser works the same? Anyone tried this?

Hiya!!

I was wondering if anyone used anything else instead of nail dehydrator? Or anyone that doesn't use it?

I've never not used it - but just wondering if it was a necessity. I have heard hand sanitiser works the same? Anyone tried this?

Yes I use sanitiser spray as wipe and dehydrator but also use a brush dehydrator. Equipment sanitiser is best as some hand sanitiser contain conditioners to prevent drying out, it must be isopropyl alcohol for it to work.

I pour mine into a pump bottle and use it to wipe down nail plate before brush dehydrating as I find it really scrubs the nail plate clean. I also use it to remove the inhibition layer from gels.

Salon services blue sanitiser is really good value for money, and comes in a larger size than most.

I use ASP products and they use ASP sanitiser to dehydrate before service.

Hi, I've always used "nsi nail pure" and find it work really well x

Also, has anyone had any experience in just using the cleanser and not using Dehydrator?

Latest posts

Back