Gel Nails, Peeling, Cracking and coming off.....Help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so 7 months down the line I am still having problems with lifting, nails coming clean off the natural nail, cracking - really had enough! It is happening with gels, acrylics and soak off gel. I purchased the NSI lamp as discussed previously in the thread and since July last year I have had 1 set of nails that have not lifted which were acrylic BUT when they were due for an infill the first thing they done the next day was come off! I am seeing my tutor again at the weekend to go over my technique as i'm tired of having to keep hold of people's money knowing full well in a couple of days I am going to have to give it back to them :sad: I have just invested in a new acrylic brush as I am was concerned my other was was contaminated and also about to try a different make acrylic.

I really want to be able to master nails as I dont see what else will really bring me decent money in - I am really good at lash extensions and I am guessing this is where my talent is going to lie but I so desperately want to master nails.

Hi vickie
I am trained in lcn gels but do also use nsi for clients that prefer it, i however do it slightly different to you and never have any problems with the gel lifting or cracking my ladies go 2/3 weeks before having infills
my steps are
cuticle work
file nails
brush dust away
apply tips and blend
brush dust away
apply nail pure plus to nail plate only
apply nsi bonder to nail plate only
apply white body builder gel, do smile line cure
apply clear or blush builder gel cure
wipe with cleanse, file out any imperfections
apply finish clear cure wipe with cleanse
use nurture oil
This way works fine for me hth

Are you applying enough of the gel? I find gel top coat hair line cracks appear if too thick and if the structure of the nail isn't thick enough it will crack/snap so maybe your are doing them too thin, have u got a picture?

I haven't got any photos unfortunately. I was concerned though as a couple of my clients have said they haven't even felt them come off which obviously if you have had a tip glued to your finger you would surely feel.that come off??

There are a few things I am going to try after reading a few threads such as making sure the cuticle remover is completely off the nail, and also making sure my first coat is worked in to the natural nail. my gel layers are thick enough so I'm guessing it could be one of the first 2 options but like I say it is happening with acrylics too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

If it is happeneing with acrylic also, I would really scrutinise your prep - the cuticle remove needs a real good clean off after use. I find the only thing that works for me and prevents lifting is the client actualyl washing their hands with a mild soap and water :D xx

Ah ok maybe I could try this too x

Thank you so much for all your replies, my acrylics went fabulously yesterday and I think it is mostly my prep. I've been told to completely stop using the NSI vanish like you have told me. Also spend more time on my prep and have more confidence in myself, so let's hope it works!!

Thanks again everyone xxxx

Latest posts

Back