Gel nails problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serin

Reaction score
i had a client last week she was a bride and a week later when i saw her she said to me that all her nails feel off after a week. i am sure i am doing everything right i use ibd products could anyone help me please as i have another bride to be on sunday and i dont want the same thing to happend again. Please help me.

Hi there,

It's helpful if you could tell us your process of applying gels step by step. There could be a number of reasons why they "just fell off" so we need a detailed account of your application process, from start to finish.

Hi there,

It's helpful if you could tell us your process of applying gels step by step. There could be a number of reasons why they "just fell off" so we need a detailed account of your application process, from start to finish.

first i prep remove shine fron nail plate and file add tip if needed
apply bonder cure remove excess bonger
apply bulider gel cure
apply bulider gel and cure again
use cleanser and file
top coat and cure

first i prep remove shine fron nail plate and file add tip if needed
apply bonder cure remove excess bonger
apply bulider gel cure
apply bulider gel and cure again
use cleanser and file
top coat and cure

Hi...couple of questions....first, why do you remove excess bonder and what with? I have been using IBD gels for years and to be honest I dont actually bother with the bonder at all, however, as you do, you should only use a very small amount, almost scrub it on, you do not need to remove anything after that, just start with your gel application. if you are removing this with a gel cleanser and then applying gel, that could be the reason they 'fell' off. On that note, not that it matter if the business is not coming back to you, but most/all gels dont 'fall' off, they are usually helped along (unless of course there is a legit reason and your application is wrong) check clients nails for damage afterwards, some people need extra strength in their enhancements because they are very heavy handed. With brings me to technique and application, do you build up an apex in the stress area to give strenght to the extension? You will usually find if they are not strong enough however, they will break half way down and not just 'fall' off!

hope this helps and sorry for the long winded reply haha :o

im a little confused. do you not do a building layer to give strength and shape then file to smooth and blend into cuticle ???

i use ibd & since ive stopped using bonder i've have no lifting issues, i cant say for tips as i sculpt

The most relevant question here before getting into your application process is how they 'just fell off'! You need to see the clients nails so you can find out how they fell off; whether it's with her help or a problem with prep/application.

if the natural nails are clean and undamaged then there is something wrong with your prep (which you don't elaborate on and is usually the fault when nails lift etc). If they have broken and overlay is left on the nail they were either too long for the client of there was no structure in the overlay to give some strength. If there is some damage to the nail plate then there may have been a problem of some description then the client has picked the rest off instead of coming back to you.

These possibilities are far from exhaustive and you need to see the nails and ask lots of questions!

At this stage your application process is irrelevant as it could be entirely the fault of the client or a bit of lifting (fault of insufficient prep) followed by 'client interference'.

Before you remove the shine from the nail you need to push the cuticles back and remove any dead skin on the nail plate. Then you should file to remove shine.

Also make sure you are curing your IBD gel for 3 minutes using an IBD lamp!

Hope that helps.

well just an up date on the nails she came in yesterday and they did not fall off she had got her finger caught in the car door so maybe she wanted them to be fixed for free i dont know and i dont understand some people they get there nails done but they dont seem to want to look after them when she said they fell of i was thinking how can they just fall off as you had them on for a week? she did not pay as well

anyway i had the same problem with a client that i had doen on sunday i had doen aa full set french she was pleased but then i got a call from her yesterday to sya that one fell off so i booked her in this morning to fix the nail and to see whta was wrong with it anyway when i had looked at it i had asked her how did this happen she said she fit her finger in the shower anyway so i had to fix it and again did not get paid as she said it has only been a couple of days that she was got them on.

i would also like to say thanks for your help and after seeing the clients nails it was her fault and not mine she just wanted them to be fixed for free i gess i will get clients like this.

why do people not feel the need to pay when we go back to fix their clumsiness??? now i am 100% happy to go back and fix it for free if its my fault, or even to go back and fix it if its their fault and get paid, but i've had it twice, people calling me back because their polish has chipped after a day, i do it and find out they've been gardening with no gloves or washing and wiping up with no gloves, but no offer of payment. now if people phone i say 'i'll come back and access the problem but obviously if its through no fault of mine you will be charged' x

Latest posts

Back