Gel nails removal - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C the Results

Reaction score
I just had a call from a customer of mine who has Shellac for special occasions and has an appointment with me next week, she went to a beauty fair and had her nails done (as a present from her son) and was told she would need to remove with acetone that she could get from boots. I do not do gel or acrylic nails but she has asked if I can remove them for her when I go and do her shellac next week. Can anyone tell me the correct way to remove them without damaging her nails, i have acetone and wraps.
Can you really get acetone in Boots? i didn't think you could!
Thanks Geeks x

hi hun, you can get artificial nail remover from various places, but you need to find out what kind of gel it is it could be a buff off or a soak off,
did she know what she had ???

No she has no idea :eek: she said it was in a white pot not a bottle though so i am presuming not a gel polish?

when she comes in try one in a foil wrap for 5 mins see what happens, if it dosn't start to melt you know it's buff off in which case you do exactly that :)

Sorry to be thick but do i buff off with a file or a buffing block or something else?

A file. But take it easy when you get near the natural nail as it's very easy to cause damage to the nail plate.

If she was told she needed acetone, chances are it's a soak off and won't be much different than your Shellac, just take a bit longer.

Thank you so much for your replies, fingers crossed I will be able to get it off for her!

Latest posts

Back