Gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola789

Reaction score
Currently Trainning with gel, i find the application of gel quite easy, but sometimes get lifting, i think this may be because im putting it too close to the cuticle? when putting on the clear extentions im finding it quite hard to blend, as dont want to over file the nail and tips on how to get this right?? I end up getting quite frustrated and kinda giving in, then i am not happy with the end result, i have only done 3 sets and training on a hand trainer, so would like to try improve my next one

Anyone got any tips....as i say im still learning so would like some advise?

thanks... :)

Currently Trainning with gel, i find the application of gel quite easy, but sometimes get lifting, i think this may be because im putting it too close to the cuticle? when putting on the clear extentions im finding it quite hard to blend, as dont want to over file the nail and tips on how to get this right?? I end up getting quite frustrated and kinda giving in, then i am not happy with the end result, i have only done 3 sets and training on a hand trainer, so would like to try improve my next one

Anyone got any tips....as i say im still learning so would like some advise?

thanks... :)

Guess it's maybe not so easy then is it?? :hug:

Who are you training with? Which company or training provider and which brand of gel?

There are loads of tips here on the site if you do a search for them. There are tutorials and step by steps and videos all to help you. Have a look around and enjoy.

I kinda meant its easier that i thought it would but suppose your right.... but just having the trouble with the lifting, and i find the white tips come off quite easily? is there anything i can do to help this?

I am using magnetic, with a trainer in aberdeen

I kinda meant its easier that i thought it would but suppose your right.... but just having the trouble with the lifting, and i find the white tips come off quite easily? is there anything i can do to help this?

I am using magnetic, with a trainer in aberdeen

Well if I am using Paint On White (which I normally do not) then I paint it on after the base layer and sink it as far under the builder layer as I can so that there is no chance of buffing it off. Why not ask your educator what she suggests.

Well if I am using Paint On White (which I normally do not) then I paint it on after the base layer and sink it as far under the builder layer as I can so that there is no chance of buffing it off. Why not ask your educator what she suggests.

You have no idea how valuble that info would have been to me three years ago ha! I never used paint on but i would apply a thin layre of gel (I sculpt now so dont have that problem) near the end of my process, because that's how I was thought and then a gloss layre, I would end up with corners of white gone...finally figured that out myself but just goes to show how useful this site is.

You have no idea how valuble that info would have been to me three years ago ha! I never used paint on but i would apply a thin layre of gel (I sculpt now so dont have that problem) near the end of my process, because that's how I was thought and then a gloss layre, I would end up with corners of white gone...finally figured that out myself but just goes to show how useful this site is.

As I've just said in another thread, Wendyrose, "there is nothing new under the sun" .. it has all been done and figured out a long time ago by we old timers. The edge shape, the pipe shape etc etc. ALL been done before!! Only back then if you got the edge shape is was an example of how NOT to do a nail with a form ... now suddenly people consider it cool!! uh huh! :rolleyes: Like croc shoes are cool looking ? when they are just plain ugly? Why do we let people convince us that something that is ugly is actually desirable and cool looking? Like the 'lovely' fan nails some are doing in the USA? Ugliest things I've ever seen in my life and they are trying to convince us that this looks good?

Why some constantly have to be doing something/anything other than making beautiful natural looking nail enhancements for our clients I really don't know. Are we so bored?

Latest posts

Back