Gel overlay, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisaajaneep

Reaction score
okay so i am from the beauty industry but haven't a clue in nails exactly. i recently got gel overlays done by a Polish girl in a small salon for cheap. she used a pre-made gel which the product also read in polish. the therapist didnt speak much English so i didnt ask much questions. however she didnt tell me if they were buff off or soak off so i tried soakin them first, the i changed to buffin now iv give up as my nails are very thin at the tips were i tried to get the white tip of the most? hellpppp:(

okay so i am from the beauty industry but haven't a clue in nails exactly. i recently got gel overlays done by a Polish girl in a small salon for cheap. she used a pre-made gel which the product also read in polish. the therapist didnt speak much English so i didnt ask much questions. however she didnt tell me if they were buff off or soak off so i tried soakin them first, the i changed to buffin now iv give up as my nails are very thin at the tips were i tried to get the white tip of the most? hellpppp:(

Oh...

I wish you'd have came on here BEFORE you tried self-removal.

Naughty, naughty.

At this stage, leave them before you make them thinner/sore and get to any other nail salon other than an NSS and ask them to help remove safely.

Then they may be able to put a light overlay on without tips to strengthen the natural nail or something.

Other than that I can't think of anything else.

I don't want to say continue to soak and I don't want to say lightly buff.

Any other advice, geeks?

Definately get yourself to a PROPER salon and have them safely removed.
I have had clients with severe damaged nails due to self removal - not worth it hun :)

Latest posts

Back