Gel overlay!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beccie1011

Reaction score
Been looking through some threads and can't really find what i want.

i trained with NSI for Hollywood toes and im also doing NVQ level 2 in nails so have trained with gel, the thing im finding is that after a week/week and a half my clients gel nails seem to be lifting or coming off, is this normal?

How long is a natural gel overlay meant to last?

Also when i have done gel extensions i find that there not as strong and snap easily and they not recommended for people who are heavy handed. i.e my mother!! The process i use is a builder clear, brush on french white then finish clear or if i was doing colour i use builder clear, 2 costs of colour then finish clear, i use this method for both natural and extensions.

Can anybody give me any insight?

Thank you xxx

I think u miss a step.
If I do extensions for example.
I use the builder clear as a base than te bush on than builder clear for apex and then the finish.
Sure they break if u miss the step aftzer the brush on because there is nothing which give strenght...
Katja

Been looking through some threads and can't really find what i want.

i trained with NSI for Hollywood toes and im also doing NVQ level 2 in nails so have trained with gel, the thing im finding is that after a week/week and a half my clients gel nails seem to be lifting or coming off, is this normal?

How long is a natural gel overlay meant to last?

Also when i have done gel extensions i find that there not as strong and snap easily and they not recommended for people who are heavy handed. i.e my mother!! The process i use is a builder clear, brush on french white then finish clear or if i was doing colour i use builder clear, 2 costs of colour then finish clear, i use this method for both natural and extensions.

Can anybody give me any insight?

Thank you xxx

Lifting is most commonly a result of improper nail nail preparation. What are your prep steps?

Hi thanks for your response, my prep goes;

Sanitize clients hands
File nail
Etch nail in a downwards motion taking off the shine
dehydrate nails
Prime nails
1 coat of builder gel
brush on white or 2 coats of colour
1 coat of finish clear
cleanse

Basically the same way i do hollywood toes, am i going wrong somewhere?

thank you xx

I also agree that your extetions should be breaking easily because they're not strong enough at the apex. Of course we want to create thin natural looking nails, but they have to be strong too... So try to work with that.

Am i doing the correct procedure tho?

Nail extensions havent really been a problem for me its natural gel overlay that im struggling with, its not normal for them to be coming off after a week and its also embarassing! xx

You need to remove cuticle too hun, products are meant to bond with nail not skin, and if you don't remove the dead tissue on the nail, the material cannot bond...

And I agree about building the apex too, you cannot just do it like toes, they will need an apex to keep them from breaking.
:hug:

You need to remove cuticle too hun, products are meant to bond with nail not skin, and if you don't remove the dead tissue on the nail, the material cannot bond...

And I agree about building the apex too, you cannot just do it like toes, they will need an apex to keep them from breaking.
:hug:

Took the words out of my mouth. I also thought that cuticle removal was missing from your prep steps (and this could definitely lead to lifting). Have you ever tried Vanish?

Go to www.nailangel.co.uk and watch the video.
Looks like you are doing the necessary for natural nails on extensions.

Latest posts

Back