Gel/polishes need a course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Does anyone think that with the many questions there are on here they should only be sold like other good nail systems,after training, and not just with a manicure certificate.

No I don't think that is necessary really if you have qualified in mani and pedi you should be able to apply these products properly with the correct instructions. I think the problem is that there are so many companies who did not include instructions with the initial order/kits.

I think that they should have either insisted on the courses being done first before you could buy the products or enclosed full instructions, complete with troubleshooting guide, with the first order.

I also think that these product sprung up so fast that there were just not enough educators to cope with the demand and therefore companies would have lost money waiting for everyone to get trained.

I think Sweet Squared were one of the only companies that promoted training at the time but were hampered by product shortages beyond their control.

Think of how many questions are asked over and over about L&P or Gels from fully qualified techs. I think the repetition is due to people forgetting about the search facility on this site. :green:

I would just say that we salon geekers are in a bit of a bubble here and at the mo i am having a good few people coming to me that have had gel polish and have been very unhappy with the outcome.Buffing when there should be no buffing and peeling of nails etc because they havent been told about any aftercare... doesnt need it evidently.

If people are just getting it and applying it like varnish and then removing it without any after care advice etc its giving all the gel/polishes a bad reputation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back