gel pots wont open

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty&pampered

Reaction score
can anyone help, my bio gel pots are being awkward and wont open i have cleaned the outside of them but they wont budge. anyone know how i can loosen them.

Cheers x x x x

pretty&pampered said:
can anyone help, my bio gel pots are being awkward and wont open i have cleaned the outside of them but they wont budge. anyone know how i can loosen them.

Cheers x x x x

have you tried wiping with acetone...?...putting the pot on the radiator to warm slightly..this may soften the gel enough to release the lid...only other thing i can think off is hold a door open and wedge the pot in the door crack, close the door enough to grip the pot tightly and twist the pot to see if it budges...(i have done this with polish bottles that wont open and it can mark the door frame so be careful)....i am really just grasping at straws here...anything is worth ago really as if it wont open its only good for the bin...best of luck. xx

pretty&pampered said:

Cheers x x x x

when was the last time you used them - the gel may have gone off inside.

i didnt realise gel went off?? i've had the pots about 12 months but used them not so long ago. i'll try some of the hints above i dont really want to throw them away.

cheers

It sounds to me like the product was around the edge of the pot when you closed it and then it has cured. If this is the case only a bomb going off under the pot will get it open.
I hope I`m wrong but gel does cure in daylight if left long enough and it would only need to be all around the edge to seal it tightly.

pretty&pampered said:
i didnt realise gel went off?? i've had the pots about 12 months but used them not so long ago. i'll try some of the hints above i dont really want to throw them away.

cheers

Sorry - what i meant was some of the gel may have cured and stuck the lids on. I know because this happened to me when i let the tubs stand upside down for a while in the sun!

Maybe putting the pots in a bowl of warm water may help xxx

try going round the lid with some acetone first and then wrapping a thick rubber band round the lid to see if you can get a bit more of a grip on them. i hope you succeed, bio is too expensive to throw away.

get some bio steriliser round the top of the lid and keep trying

some of mine go like this.

amb x

This has happened to me before and i've managed to open the pots in two ways....1- by going round the bottom of the lid with an exacto knife to cut the cured gel. 2- by prying the lid with a cuticle pusher or butter knife. You have to be very careful not to cut yourself, but it does work!

Try tapping the top with the blunt edge of a knife, hard but not too hard.

Then use a tea towel to get the top off.

Might work?

Latest posts

Back