Gel prep with Gellux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimPoppy

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I use Gellux on my clients and have noticed that on a few it doesn't seem to last very long at all. It seems that after a few days on a few people it starts to lift.

For gel prep I normally do file, cuticle work, cleanse. Then after the cleanse I use the fast bond by Gellux and start with the base coat.

I've read online that it could be oily nail plates but I'm not sure how I can tell if they are oily or not and if they are should I do double the amount of fast bond or something?

I'm thinking as I'm newer to this too it could also be that I'm doing the coats too thick and need to thin them out a bit!

Finally, would it help to buff the nails before? My mum used to go to a salon before she came to me and she said they always used to buff her nails so they weren't so smooth before they put it on? Is that because she has slightly oily nail plates or was it just because they were using a different brand (I think geleration)

Thanks guys!

Buff before fast bond :)

I trained in gellux, these are my steps!

1. File nails to shape
2. Buff with a file block
3. Wipe thoroughly with the prep and wipe
4. Apply fast bond sparingly making sure it covers the nail fully
5. Apply base
6. Cure with gellux lamp
7. Apply first colour coat, should be slightly see though
8. Cure
9. Apply second colour coat and use this to make the colour even and not see through
10. Cure
11.Apply top coat
12. Cure
13. Wipe with prep and wipe

Gellux is notorious for being hard to remove so I am surprised that you have lifting, are you using a gellux lamp?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back