Gel Sealer over nail varnish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlw1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried gel top coat over normal nail varnish and if so how long does it last and what is the method?
Thanks

I'm sorry - it won't work.

The polish needs to be completely dry, which takes about 24 hours. If any gel sealer is applied before then, the polish won't dry properly, and will crack and flake off.

There are a few UV top coats for polish available. Glaze and Go, I think? And also EZFlow have one (it's in a purple shiny bottle, but the name escapes me at the moment).

I have tried the star quattro gel over polish and it is fine as long as you wait until the polish has completely dried, best result would be to ask your client to return the following day for gel application. It just paints on the same as nail polish then cures under a UV lamp. It should last a couple of weeks. It has to be filed off when ready for removal.

Star nails quatro gel is ok over polish , not all gels they crinkle, but like all top coat gels it needs to be filed so you could be making extra work for yourself. If your using it on acrylic or gel nails that have been polished it looks really nice.it should last till they needs infills but does make changing the colour difficult as you have to get all the gel of to get to the nail polish.application is as normal,cure with a lamp ,hope this helps

Thanks does this apply for Soak off as well?

glaze n go doesn't really work for this.

Altho i have used it on myself over a glitter polish, which has a rough surface, also i let it dry for 24 hours before applying glaze n go.

No i tried glaze n go and found the same and yes you would have to file the gel of before soaking off as even acetone wont move it.

just another thought star nails are doing coloured quattro gel topcoat so you dont need polish and still get the durability and shine

Latest posts

Back