Gelaze reviews?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megznailz

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with China Glaze new Gel brand 'gelaze'? Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were and how they were getting in using it? xox

I was about to ask the same. Saw the ad in scratch. Would also love to know if anyone's tried it yet. X

Hi, bought 2 colours and the top coat last weekend but i haven´t had a play with it yet! i have one or two concerns about using it in the salon as there is no base coat and the colour i bought is a neon or at least it appears to be so i am gonna email them and check! they were very busy, had to queue for ages so i imagine there will be lots of feedback on here shortly

The colours are fab but they chip easily, I've tested it with several colours and I think the reason it because of the combined base and colour coat, that's just a suspicion though because I've never used a no-base gel product before :) let me know if you have any questions, I've been doing a few tests for about 2 months now x

Most people have been saying it chips easily and a couple have said it has peeled off too! so far not hearing too many positive views about it other than the great range of colours. xx

I've tried it with my gelish base coat and it has a lot more staying power (and removes a lot quicker) but that really defeats the object really, also adding more layers makes it less chippy. It's quite a solid colour after two coats though so with the gelish base it can be still quicker than some of my gelish applications that need 3+ coats xx

My Parents got me some whilst they were in America... I'm currently wearing flying dragon and it's been pretty good. I got acetone all over a couple of fingers the other day, and it popped off them, which I expected. But other than that, they're wearing great! Easy application, lovely colours. Top coat is a bit smelly! It's really thin, which I like cause I have a tendency to have a pick if it's thicker.

I bought a few colours at the show but I've only just put it on yesterday so far ive found it shrinks back really quickly

I bought a few colours at the show but I've only just put it on yesterday so far ive found it shrinks back really quickly

I think it depends on the colour, I've had a few that shrink and a few that don't. For Audrey doesn't much but some of the darker ones do (maybe I notice them more??). I don't think it's a bad system I just think it has a lot of room for improvement. I'm still not offering it to clients though and I wish I could because I've had so many compliments on Ruby Pumps and Dorothy Who? (Sparkly red and blue, I think that's what the blues called) xx

I've just seen an advert for this in the guild. I'm thinking of testing it for myself. Will let you all know how I get on.

I've used it twice now! I get no issue with shrinkage, or chipping, it's fairly easy to remove. I had the same problem that I have with Shellac, in that I personally loose my index fingers quicker than the rest. (I think cause I do a lot of typing!)

I had "For Audrey" on for over a week and it was perfect, if I didn't get bored so easily I could have happily worn it for longer :)

I find it a bit hard to remove. The hot pink flip flop fantasy I think stained my nails. And if you want to press in glitter before the topcoat it doesn't work so well, so I always do a topcoat and then press the glitter in. Then add another topcoat. Other than that it's great

I've got about 8 different colours, I think I'm getting more used to the system now. I've got a green one on at the moment (in the limelight??) and that seems to be okay so far but one of the nails I can tell is slightly lifting but they're starting to wear a lot better than my first few sets. I've put a pink on my mam and they seem to be lasting so far so well too. Fingers crossed that im starting to get more used to the system xx

I find it a bit hard to remove. The hot pink flip flop fantasy I think stained my nails. And if you want to press in glitter before the topcoat it doesn't work so well, so I always do a topcoat and then press the glitter in. Then add another topcoat. Other than that it's great

I did the glitter on my ring finger exactly the same as I do in Shellac and it was fine, and smooth with only 1 coat of topcoat :)

I do find it wears better with a gentle, light buff and scrubfresh before application.

Removal is fine, it just kinda flakes off, takes a few mins longer than CND Shellac :)

I've ordered 3 colours to try on myself to see how they do. Might trial it on a few friends too to see how it lasts properly :)

I ordered the topcoat and 1 colour (peachy keen)to test on myself and friends.

I'm a shellac girl at heart but I love the china glaze colours so couldn't resist testing these!

What are you all charging for gelaze?

I've just ordered Flip Flop Fantasy...couldn't resist! :) x

We're not using Gelaze much in the salons because some of the techs feel it is s consumer brand (sold at Sally's here) and no appropriate to their salon. When we do use it, we still use a base coat (Gelish Foundation) because Gelaze does stain the nails sometimes, and we find that without a base coat it can be difficult to remove.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403021816.524822.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403021830.143801.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403021843.829886.jpg

Latest posts

Back