Gelish 12w LED cure time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniBoutique

Reaction score
Im currently using a crappy 36w uv lamp but it takes so long im saving for the gelish 18g lamp but in the meantime ive found a 12w led lamp does anyone know what the cure time are for this? Thankyou xx

Im currently using a crappy 36w uv lamp but it takes so long im saving for the gelish 18g lamp but in the meantime ive found a 12w led lamp does anyone know what the cure time are for this? Thankyou xx

Anyone??? Xx

I got this one exactly the same as nail harmony but without the logo less than half the price! Very good feedback too!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397223202.222840.jpg

A 12W led won't cure gelish.

Nail Harmony are very clear that they only endorse use of their leds with gelish - and they are all a lot more powerful than 12w.

The lamp you have shown pics of is a fake. The gelish design is patented & this company is trying to emulate the appearance - hence it is a fake.

I personally think it unethical, unprofessional & potentially dangerous to use untested fake electrical goods on clients.

A 12W led won't cure gelish.

Nail Harmony are very clear that they only endorse use of their leds with gelish - and they are all a lot more powerful than 12w.

The lamp you have shown pics of is a fake. The gelish design is patented & this company is trying to emulate the appearance - hence it is a fake.

I personally think it unethical, unprofessional & potentially dangerous to use untested fake electrical goods on clients.

Pretty much like all the other lamps that are brought of ebay and amazon then, i completley understand what your saying and i will get this tested myself before using it on any client and with it being a fake, as long as it works the same im not bothered, ive just started out and simply cant afford £300 at the moment x

Last edited:
How will an electrical tester know what frequency the led lights are calibrated to?

What happens if it breaks after the 45 day insurance ebay give you? Then your fake light will be more expensive than the real deal.

Re: your economic struggle to start up. You had a working 36w light. So any led was an unnecessary expense. You purchased because your desire for speed & convenience outweighed your concern for client safety.

Undiscerning techs attract undiscerning clients :eek:

If you want to speed your service up just buy another UV Lamp and use 2. That is what I do and usually as I finish painting one hand the other comes out a lamp.
I have no need for an LED lamp and if I ever did I would not buy a dodgy fake, my clients deserve the best....that's why they come to me.

How will an electrical tester know what frequency the led lights are calibrated to?

What happens if it breaks after the 45 day insurance ebay give you? Then your fake light will be more expensive than the real deal.

Re: your economic struggle to start up. You had a working 36w light. So any led was an unnecessary expense. You purchased because your desire for speed & convenience outweighed your concern for client safety.

Undiscerning techs attract undiscerning clients :eek:

Wow thanks for the bashing!!! Will send it back when it arrives!

Wow thanks for the bashing!!! Will send it back when it arrives!

It can be like that on here Hun, I know what you meant by asking the question and although your choice of lamp may not of been the correct one, I don't think it is fair the way some people treat newer people on here. People should remember they were all novices making these choices and asking these questions once :( xx

It can be like that on here Hun, I know what you meant by asking the question and also your choice of lamp may not of been the correct one, I don't think it is fair the way some people treat newer people on here. People should remember they were all novices making these choices and asking these questions once :( xx

Thankyou hun, yes im new to gelish i dont understand all led uv cure times etc, just wanted abit of advice, so i do it right! The one i have now is probably a fake of some other lamp that i brought off amazon xx

I use the ASP 36w UV lamp from Salon Services. Gelish confirmed to me that this would be suitable for curing Gelish and it was approx £50 I think? That works well but I understand your reasons for using an LED lamp to cure; I see no problems in using an LED to quicken your polish time. I don't see it as trying to push your clients out quicker and giving a lesser service. Some clients need a quicker service and you could always add a moisturise/massage on the end of normal clients for a treat? That's what I do and my clients seem to be happy and coming back? :)
Maybe contact Gelish and see if they can recommend an alternative LED whilst you save up? But I don't see it as you put convenience over client safety. You are merely inexperienced as we all were at one stage and at least you are trying to find out the best thing to do. There are tricks of the trade but some of them can't be cheapened or skirted around :) xx

I use the ASP 36w UV lamp from Salon Services. Gelish confirmed to me that this would be suitable for curing Gelish and it was approx £50 I think? That works well but I understand your reasons for using an LED lamp to cure; I see no problems in using an LED to quicken your polish time. I don't see it as trying to push your clients out quicker and giving a lesser service. Some clients need a quicker service and you could always add a moisturise/massage on the end of normal clients for a treat? That's what I do and my clients seem to be happy and coming back? :)
Maybe contact Gelish and see if they can recommend an alternative LED whilst you save up? But I don't see it as you put convenience over client safety. You are merely inexperienced as we all were at one stage and at least you are trying to find out the best thing to do. There are tricks of the trade but some of them can't be cheapened or skirted around :) xx

Thankyou so much thats really helpful, i will return my lamp when it comes and take a look at the asp one in sallys! I am mobile, im not trying to do a quick job and get out of their house, i will do it properly, i am a hairdresser and extenionist for 6 years i would NEVER put my clients health & safety at risk! I did speak to my educator and im awaiting a response! I was quite upset after the other comments but you've helped me alot, very much appreciated!! 😊 xx

Sorry to bump but I'm thinking of getting this lamp too did you get it in the end?

Which lamp do you mean hun? Im going to the beauty show this month, not sure if harmony is there but if so ill be buying the 18g xx

Salon services sell the gelish 5-45 led lamp that is no where near as expensive as £300 - message me for the price as trade prices aren't allowed on here but I've got that and it's really great for mobile because it's really compact but it still cures the whole hand in one go, not having to do fingers then thumbs xx

Which lamp do you mean hun? Im going to the beauty show this month, not sure if harmony is there but if so ill be buying the 18g xx

I purchased the 6g lamp; it has been discontinued but there is still some stock left at a reduced price. It's great; does fingers, toes, Gelish soak off and Gelish hard gel :) xx

The pic you posted above?

Latest posts

Back