Gelish and foils, just can't do it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laney303

Reaction score
so I've started collecting my gelish from sallys for when I start. Have 17 colours so far but its like a addiction and keep eyeing up more lol. Anyway, I'm going to Aintree races at the start of next month and my dress is gold with black zebra print and a black lace overlay. I have bought a lace foil from nail delights and was going to use it over allure but I didn't get the foil adhesive as I seen on here that it will just stick to the tacky layer but.when i've tried it it just won't stick. Am I doing something wrong or will I just need to buy the adhesive? will covering the whole nail in foil be ok and will that affect the gelish lasting power? I want the same effect as the dress with full lace overlay. I was going to konad with the zebra print then the lace overlay but think I may be getting ahead of myself lol.

Any advice welcome xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

so I've started collecting my gelish from sallys for when I start. Have 17 colours so far but its like a addiction and keep eyeing up more lol. Anyway, I'm going to Aintree races at the start of next month and my dress is gold with black zebra print and a black lace overlay. I have bought a lace foil from nail delights and was going to use it over allure but I didn't get the foil adhesive as I seen on here that it will just stick to the tacky layer but.when i've tried it it just won't stick. Am I doing something wrong or will I just need to buy the adhesive? will covering the whole nail in foil be ok and will that affect the gelish lasting power? I want the same effect as the dress with full lace overlay. I was going to konad with the zebra print then the lace overlay but think I may be getting ahead of myself lol.

Any advice welcome xx

The lace foils are really temperamental so you will need the foil adhesive for it. I could be wrong but I'm sure I've seen a few posts on here from gelish users who say that adding foils without adhesive has been hit and miss. Xx

The lace foils are really temperamental so you will need the foil adhesive for it. I could be wrong but I'm sure I've seen a few posts on here from gelish users who say that adding foils without adhesive has been hit and miss. Xx

Oh great thank you. Do i just put the adhesive on the tacky top layer or not? I'm pretty useless at stuff like this but best get learning :lick:xx

Any advice welcome xx

I'm guessing you could konad, then top coat, apply foil adhesive, apply foil (but leave a tiny gap at the top so it doesn't go right to the tip and you can then seal it in with your TIO), then apply TIO after the foil xxx

P.S. I am also off to aintree woop woop ;) xxx

Great, thanx guys!! Will give it a go with the adhesive. What day you of glamoureyes? I'm going the thurs, hope the weather picks up!! Xx

Great, thanx guys!! Will give it a go with the adhesive. What day you of glamoureyes? I'm going the thurs, hope the weather picks up!! Xx

I think we're going the Saturday for the national :D xxx

has anyone used nail art foils on the rolls with Gelicure?
i received my order today but its doesn't work in the sticky layer very well. so i tried curing and wiping the top coat, applying foil glue, allowing it to clear and apply foil but it didn't even stick?!
what am i doing wrong? x x

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back