Gelish Black Flip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemo

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone else's look like this?
I've used 3 coats.
Did it on a client this morning and it looked awful!

Thanks x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387735763.045411.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387735866.989156.jpg
Black flip is the first one. Thought I'd show all the colours to put it into context x

Mine is the same...very disappointed with that and Sledding in Style which surprised me as it was those two colours I thought i'd like most. I love the other four colours and coverage is great don't you think? Why does there seem to be one or two duff polishes in every collection that Gelish release? :(

Last edited:
Mine is the same...very disappointed with that and Sledding in Style which surprised me as it was those two colours I thought i'd like most. I love the other four colours and coverage is great don't you think? Why does the seem to be one or two duff polishes in every collection that release? :(

I feel exactly the same. Do you think it's a bad batch? Sledging In Style is a waste of money. I bought the whole collection as I like the stand they come on but I wish I'd only bought Race You To The Bottom and Wanna Share A Lift. I Heart My Instructor is almost identical to Deep Sea, and although Let's Hit The Bunny Slopes is a lovely colour, non of my clients will like it. They wanted a lilac not a grey.

I think I'm going to have a proper cull of the waste of time colours. I need a new wall rack but no wall to put it on so may as well get rid of the bad colours while I'm in an angry place.

Sledding in Style is extra bad for me as I just got the entire Trends collection and a few of the finer glitter polishes in that collection are similar to Sledding in Style but much more packed with glitter so 100% better.

I love "I Heart my Instructor" but I don't have Deep Sea so thats probably why and I love "Let's Hit the Bunny Slopes"....I am a sucker for grey and luckily a few of my clients are the same. But, like you say, we were expecting a lilac shade and this is a true grey so people will be disappointed.

Love, love, love "Wanna Share a Lift"! It's a pinker, denser version of Good Gossip and "Race you to the Bottom" is great too - didn't expect to like this one but it is gorgeous!

Don't know if we've got a faulty batch of Black Flip.....I will call Harmony tomorrow if they are open. Got a feeling at they are shut now until 2014 though...?

So, has anyone else got the collection? Have Nemo and I got a duff Black Flip or are they all like this?

Last edited:
I feel exactly the same. Do you think it's a bad batch? Sledging In Style is a waste of money. I bought the whole collection as I like the stand they come on but I wish I'd only bought Race You To The Bottom and Wanna Share A Lift. I Heart My Instructor is almost identical to Deep Sea, and although Let's Hit The Bunny Slopes is a lovely colour, non of my clients will like it. They wanted a lilac not a grey.

I think I'm going to have a proper cull of the waste of time colours. I need a new wall rack but no wall to put it on so may as well get rid of the bad colours while I'm in an angry place.

Curious....what other colours do you consider "bad"? I'm having a clear out too so I'm curious ;)

gelish.jpg

These are mine. My black flip looks stronger than yours. This is 2 coats.

Have you tried stirring it with an orange wood stick or metal tool of some sort?

I had this problem with shellac ruby ritz and no amount of shaking would make any difference (I know your not supposed to shake gelish)
But since I stirred it a bit the colour is so much stronger & a lot more glittery. The colour & glitter had all settled at the bottom.
Xx

I roll some colours and also warm them by putting them between my knees for a bit. It seems to help. Oddly enough!

Have you tried stirring it with an orange wood stick or metal tool of some sort?

I had this problem with shellac ruby ritz and no amount of shaking would make any difference (I know your not supposed to shake gelish)
But since I stirred it a bit the colour is so much stronger & a lot more glittery. The colour & glitter had all settled at the bottom.
Xx

I'm going to stir now! I'll report back x

Xx

No difference. I think the problem isn't the glitter, it's the black.
My black shadow takes 5 coats to look black.
I refuse to do more than 3 on this one. I've had enough.
I'm going to send it back.
I have over 80 Gelish colours and some are lovely to paint with and others are shocking.
I have a fully booked diary and squeeze everyone in back to back so do not have the time to paint more than 3 coats. I shouldn't have to!!

I have over 80 Gelish colours and some are lovely to paint with and others are shocking.
I have a fully booked diary and squeeze everyone in back to back so do not have the time to paint more than 3 coats. I shouldn't have to!!

No I agree, you should never have to do more than 3 coats of any colour. :(
Such a shame because it looks lovely in the ads. Xx

Made no difference to mine either but worth a try :(

You could change it for the naughty list if you want a black glitter, it's lovely and 2/3 coats gives good coverage xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Is race you to the bottom similar to mint icing?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is race you to the bottom similar to mint icing?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ish, but it's much much nicer with better coverage.

You could change it for the naughty list if you want a black glitter, it's lovely and 2/3 coats gives good coverage xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Got that one... Mines a 3 coater :-(

Does anyone know if My Favourite Bleue tique and I Heart My Instructor are quite similar?

Has anyone used Lots of Dots?

Latest posts

Back