gelish cleanser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kattyj

Reaction score
Hi geeks, sorry if this question has already been asked but did a search and couldnt find anything, I purchased Gelish today for the first time, spent a god damn fortune because loved the colours!!! anyway, having a practice on myself and I thought the cleanse was what you used after filing, cuticle removal etc but before the ph bond to clean the nail plate but reading the bottle I realise its what you use at the end, what do you use to clean the nail plate before hand? x

I use NSI Nail pure plus to dehydrate the nail plate.

My skin is a bit sensitive to other things but I have found this is ok

Thank you pooh8bear, just finished my nails and I want perfection immediately but not getting it!! Do you apply the top coat quite thick or thin or just as you normally would with a normal top coat?, also once I had finished and wiped with the cleanser the shine went a bit dull, what am I doing wrong??:|

I use just my nail polish remover after the buff. Then a foundation layer and 2 (thin) coast of colour and then a top coat. I just use my uv gel wipe off after. takes a couple of sessions to get it just right! good luck xx

Im such a perfectionist I want it to be right the very first time but thank you im sure I need to be patient and do a few before I get it perfect, any ideas why when I cleansed at the end it seemed to make the colour dull? Am I applying the colour too thick maybe? x

You use the top coat thinly like the coats, if you put on too thick will run everywhere. Have you cured it for the full 2 mins in a 4 bulb lamp? x

Did you use one nail wipe for both hands? I remember reading somewhere to use a fresh wipe on the second hand otherwise it could cause it to appear dull...hopefully I didn't dream that! :)

I cured it with my new led lamp so for 30 seconds, I have just gone over them again with the cleanser and they are now shiny, so I dont think I was using enough of the cleanser, was afraid to put too much on in case it bought the colour off!! - Thank you so much for all your replies, dont know what id do without this site!! xx

If you use the same side of the wipe on more than one nail you transfer the inhibition layer onto the next nail therefore making it dull.
You don't have to use a new wipe for each nail just not the same side.

A clean swipe over each nail

Latest posts

Back