Gelish customer not happy- confused!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujub

Reaction score
Hi all,

We've been using Gelish in our salon for almost a year and are absolutely loving it. Recently a client of mine has started getting it done with us. When I started (about 2 months ago or so) her nails were very brittle. The Gelish has actually helped her nails so much, they've come on leaps and bounds. She has never been able to get length in her nails as they would just break. Her nail condition has improved so much. The first two times she has had the Gelish applied it lasted so well on her nails (she got two and half weeks to the three weeks out of it) but the last two or so times it has been reapplied, she has been complaining it barely lasts a week and a half now. Nothing has changed, no new Gelish products etc. I can't figure out why all of a sudden it isn't lasting her? We have been keeping her nails with a good bit of length, could this be it? Do they need to be taken right down or something?! I'm so confused!!!

Any polish with have better longer lasting results on shorter nails, the longer the are the more prone to damaged they are

I've also had a lot of clients with chips recently, the only thing I can put it down to is the weather, my own hands and nails are a mess at the moment so appreciate how hard it can be to keep them well moisturised

Now her nails are longer it could be that they are flexing and the Gelish is under stress and cracking.
If clients want to keep length and their nails are flexible I put a layer of Calgel underneath to add support.

Thanks guys! She is in this week so I will suggest we take the length down and will see how that goes. Really appreciate the help!

Also there's not much to complain about if she's still getting a week and half! It's an UP-TO-3-week-polish.
And like said above the longer they are the more likely to have problems.
I bet she isn't looking after her new length any better at home

Laura xx

Have you tried using structure gel on her? Maybe that might help a little xx

As cheekygirl said, put a layer of structure gel on. This will add strength and reduce the gelish from cracking where the c curve is more pronounced as the nails get longer.

Its this sort of client that i would think that IBX would be ideal for. I havent tried it myself but hoping to pick some up at the beauty show and hopefully hear a little more about it from Linda and also ask a few questions.
I firmly believe that clients that have already brittle and drier than average nails initially see great benefits in a gel polish service; however after some prolonged wear i feel that continuous removal and re application can in some make the nails even drier and more brittle.
Obviously, this only happens on rare occasions and i would say that 99% of my clients nails are amazing from wearing a gel polish....me being me though want every client to be happy

Is she still using her cuticle oil? Clients get lazy and forgetful. After using cuticle oil for 2 months or so she might be bored of doing it and just hasn't bothered. It's even more essential now in this harsh weather.

Latest posts

Back