Gelish foundation application - no sticky layer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail angel 67

Reaction score
I wonder if someone could help me on this one. I've noticed that on the odd occasion when I've put Gelish foundation on when it's come out of the lamp and I try to dry brush it it actually doesn't seem sticky. I'm wondering if this is because I'm so careful to get it extra thin that it's too thin to even have a tacky layer to dry wipe.

It happened yesterday on a client's nails and what I also noticed was that when I dry wiped it instead of getting a tackier surface it just seemed to make very small lumps (like if you get dust on the nail). I didn't want to wipe these off with the cleanser because if there was any sticky layer at all then that would be gone and I didn't want to file them either cos it would cause it to happen even more! So, I just carried on with my colour applications and even went as far as the top coat before I dared buff them down to make the nail smooth. I then went on to put another colour coat on and then top coat again.

Bit worried now about if my client's nails will last and don't want this to happen again. Can anyone advise please and has this ever happened to you?

Would really appreciate some help - it's one of those things that I can't stop thinking about since I did them last night and the one day this week I had a lie in I can't sleep cos it's on my mind so I'm on here writing this instead. I wish I didn't let these sort of things take over my mind at times but I can't help it :cry:

I wonder if someone could help me on this one. I've noticed that on the odd occasion when I've put Gelish foundation on when it's come out of the lamp and I try to dry brush it it actually doesn't seem sticky. I'm wondering if this is because I'm so careful to get it extra thin that it's too thin to even have a tacky layer to dry wipe.

It happened yesterday on a client's nails and what I also noticed was that when I dry wiped it instead of getting a tackier surface it just seemed to make very small lumps (like if you get dust on the nail). I didn't want to wipe these off with the cleanser because if there was any sticky layer at all then that would be gone and I didn't want to file them either cos it would cause it to happen even more! So, I just carried on with my colour applications and even went as far as the top coat before I dared buff them down to make the nail smooth. I then went on to put another colour coat on and then top coat again.

Bit worried now about if my client's nails will last and don't want this to happen again. Can anyone advise please and has this ever happened to you?

Would really appreciate some help - it's one of those things that I can't stop thinking about since I did them last night and the one day this week I had a lie in I can't sleep cos it's on my mind so I'm on here writing this instead. I wish I didn't let these sort of things take over my mind at times but I can't help it :cry:

I have replied in the Gelish group.x

Latest posts

Back