Gelish layering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess Layla

Reaction score
I thought I'd post this as I've only just been using gelish for the last few months as I'm a shellac user, I always see posts re shellac layering but never gelish.

. I had a client today who had bellas vampire and I put some ambience over it to lighten it or so I thought, it made the most amazing shimmery navy - my new favourite colour, what have you layered amd made?

Bells vampire & ambience = beautyfull shimmery navy.

Black shadow under ocean wave or starburst!

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using SalonGeek

Gossip Girl under June Bride

Night reflection & Red roses, makes a lovely maroon/red wine colour

Just did my nails with Midnight caller & Waterfield !!! so sparkly !!!!

Hi I'm new to nails having just finished my NVQ Mani and pedi, and now await my gelish course in a couple of weeks so I've been playing around a bit with layering, some nice colours but a few that aren't so great. Top centre is 1 going clockwise all the way around on to next disc, so if your interested in any colour just let me know and I'll post it for you xxView attachment 18137 ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343892518.994763.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343892365.762108.jpg

I thought I'd post this as I've only just been using gelish for the last few months as I'm a shellac user, I always see posts re shellac layering but never gelish.

. I had a client today who had bellas vampire and I put some ambience over it to lighten it or so I thought, it made the most amazing shimmery navy - my new favourite colour, what have you layered amd made?

This combo is lovely isn't it? It's also lovely over Jetset. In fact I imagine it to be lovely over any of the stronger colours and may have a play later.

Sweet chocolate under Stand Out was a suggestion gave to me by another Geek (really sorry but can't remember who) It makes for a gorgeous Burgundy colour. As well as layering I had a play with mixing the other night and mixed Shake it Till You Samba with Sheek White and it made a gorgeous bright Barbie pink colour. I posted it on my Facebook wall and now have 3 extra appointments for that colour alone!!

I love having a little play around with colours, its sooooo much fun!

Sweet chocolate under Stand Out was a suggestion gave to me by another Geek (really sorry but can't remember who) It makes for a gorgeous Burgundy colour. As well as layering I had a play with mixing the other night and mixed Shake it Till You Samba with Sheek White and it made a gorgeous bright Barbie pink colour. I posted it on my Facebook wall and now have 3 extra appointments for that colour alone!!

I love having a little play around with colours, its sooooo much fun!

Sweet Chocolate under Taffeta is a lovely mink colour which I think will be popular this autumn.

Shake it til you samba over red roses makes a red/orange colour :)

Tigger blossum with gossip girl on top is beautiful! X

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you layer gelish?
Do you cure one colour, apply second colour then cure again? X

Instead of using just one colour for a set of nails, you introduce a new colour and lay it over the first cured colour coat.

There is no difference in how you cure, it just means you can create more colour choices by layering.

So you get a different look if you layer rather than mixing ?

Yes, generally you would use a more sheer colour over the top of another more opaque, like a veil of colour to change things slightly.

I have used opaque over opaque though. You can change the tonal value of colours doing this.

Just have a play on some colour pops and see what you can achieve.

Layer Light Elegance under Diva- just gorgeous!

Mint icing over deep sea as well! :)

Red roses over Black shadow is fab

Black Shadow layered with Allure
Sheek White layered with Allure
Princess Tiara layered with Vegas nights

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343936481.050668.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343936481.050668.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,025
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343936494.533755.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343936494.533755.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,011
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343936515.114806.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343936515.114806.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 6,926

do you have a picture of these colours ?

Latest posts

Back