Gelish pinks fading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How you finding ibd?? I started with ibd then went to gelish..... May have to re try them xx

I haven't got them yet but will let you know :) even if I only use it for the pinks and they don't fade it will be a miracle! x

That's what I'm thinking xx

My pink smoothie doesn't streak & I do 3 coats xx

I only have to do 2 coats of pink smoothie as mine is a thick consistency.

Its not just Gelish, I have a bright blue and a black OPI Gelcolor and they both fade badly :irked:

Its not just Gelish, I have a bright blue and a black OPI Gelcolor and they both fade badly :irked:

Grrrrrrr its so annoying isnt it!! wish they would sort it, im going off gelish very quickly!!!

It's not just Gelish. The pink pigments seem to be problematic all round, what with the bright pinks fading in sun (including Shellac pinks).

I painted my nails with Pink Smoothie today, used 3 coats and no streaking :) xx

Tried pink smoothie and find it too pale ... Really like the colour of your so sweet but it's just not workin :-/

On my 5th coat of pink smoothie and still streaky!!!!

Try cake pop shellac, still use full gelish system but just change colour coats, doesn't fade!

I just done ur so sweet on a client tonight for 1st time 😩 didn't know about the fading! Gah! Xxxx

Hmm might try that...do u use both systems xx

I started with Gelish and then invested in a few ACG (have about 100+ colours) but got super frustrated with the consistency and fading issues.. Tried a IBD just gel colour and I love it :) all colours I have (bout 40) are colour stable, similar consistency and I only need 2-3 coats max! I do use it with my Gelish top and base as a prefer these :) xxx

Thanks .... Certainly worth thinking about.... Have a few ibd colours already ... Gonna give it a try .... Started with ibd but had problem with them peeling ... Replaced my lamp since then so maybe that was the problem ... Which system do you prefer xx

Hmm might try that...do u use both systems xx

I use shellac and gelish full systems but just recently tried gelish system with shellac colours as shellac doesn't last great on me, was amazing results! Xxxx

They say shellac lasts 14 days and gelish 21 ..... Does the shellac colour used with gelish foundation last 14 or 21 days xx

Just looked at salonsdirect and I have to say the ibd colours looks stunning on the websight. As I already have gelish/shellac and am in the same position as you guys need a good selection of pastels and need then now! I don't have faith in new colours out as always fading/recall and don't want to wait for people to review them. Does anyone have any pictures you could add of the ibd on pops or clients so we can see them please. Xxx

They say shellac lasts 14 days and gelish 21 ..... Does the shellac colour used with gelish foundation last 14 or 21 days xx

Shellac chips on me within a week but I got 2 full weeks chip free but kept them on just under 3 weeks as they still looked good! Cxxxxx

Latest posts

Back