Gelish......problems with first layer of colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claireybearyowen

Reaction score
HELP HELP HELP, Geeks I desperatley need you help.....

I am having serious issues with my first layer of Gelish colour....... I PREP and I swear I am trying to apply the foundation gel as thinly as possible (it's very hard because it is sooooo thick) and dry brushing after cure for 3 mins UV, apply the first layer and it goes wierd.... The only way I can think of to describe it is when you mix oil and water and the oil sits on the top??? WHY? What is happening, what am I doing so wrong?? :cry::cry:

Needles to day this on myself at the moment, there is no way I would want anybody walking about with such hideous nails,LOL :lol:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated coz I am feeling pretty poo about it all at the moment....

Claire :irked:

See I am in such a pickle my spelling and typing has gone to pot, but hopefully you get the general gyst of it......:cry:

Your only suppose to cure the Foundation layer for 1 minute, why are you doing it for 3.

Can you run us through all your steps including prep? The foundation only needs to be cured for 1 minute only and 2 minutes for colours and top it off. Although i'm not sure if this will effect how the colour goes on?

xxxx

I had this on one nail once, I just thought their was something on the nail plate so wiped it and reapplied or maybe you are putting the base gel on too thinly and it's not covering the nail so you are getting like spots where the gelish is not sitting on the foundation gel properly?!

Just spoken to perfectpolish through facebook and it was a wax sealant on her new gel brush that was being used to dry wipe the base coat.... the lovely Georgie at Harmony managed to figure it out in record time by the sounds of it :green:

Just spoken to perfectpolish through facebook and it was a wax sealant on her new gel brush that was being used to dry wipe the base coat.... the lovely Georgie at Harmony managed to figure it out in record time by the sounds of it :green:

That was quick investigating Miss Owen.... & big hand of applause to Georgie, would have taken me ages to think of that being the cause.:green:

I know!!! It would of been the last thing i'd have thought of!! :green:

Why the 3 minute cure though? :green:

Hi Ladies, well it had me in right ole mess I can tell you, tears and proper tantrums!!

But Super Georgie nailed it (sorry LOL :lol: ) in SECONDS !!!! Thanks Georgie and Jason for helping out, very much appreciated.

Am toooooo tired to play now but first thing in the morning I am on it again, so watch this space!

Thanks Guys , big :hug:

And thanks Miss Owen for making my appolgies your a star :Love:

PS: I was babbling rubbish with my cure times, I was just trying to write to post quickly and not taking much notice of what I was saying. DOH !!

X Claire X

Glad you got it sorted Claire, as always brilliant customer care from Georgie and the Nail Harmony team. But you had me baffled with the 3 minute cure, :lol:..xx

I have to say, I got my Gelish yesterday superquick, and phoned them cos I hadn't got pH bond, Jason was so helpful and lovely even though they sounded hectic preparing for Manchester. If you have any application questions I would have no hesitation in calling them, they also have a facebook page which they seem to use quite a lot to help people with. HTH's C x

Oh good I'm glad you have everythig sorted out and that the 3 minute thing was a typo! LOL!!

Don't forget the Gelish Lovers group on here, lots and lots of help and tips and everyone is really friendly! :green:

Oooopsie sorry about that , you know when you are in such a hurry to post as post and get an answer, plus I was in the middle of Gelishing myself, trying to do it all at once in a panic !! :eek:

And yes the Harmony team are excellent, you feel like they want to help no matter the size of your business, great service, long live the Harmony Army
:Love:

Latest posts

Back