Gelish Top Coat becoming stained

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milliondollars

Reaction score
Hi All,
I was wonderin, has anyone else had a problem with their Gelish top cot becoming tinted/stained?
When I have applied the 2 colour cots and cured, I apply the top coat and it leaves a slight stain of the colour on the brush. To avoid contaminating the top coat I wipe off the brush on a wipe but I'm concsious that I am wasting a lot of top coat this way, even though I try and put as little as possible on the brush.
Other than this hve had no other problems with Gelish, in fact I love it! But I didnt know if this is something I am doing wrong or whether others have had this problem!
Thanks geeks
xo

You need to load your brush up a bit more and float it on ie try to not touch the colour with the brush. What you are getting on your brush is the inhibition layer of the colours. Also keep the brush a bit more parallel with the nail. Hth's. C x

This could also be down to you applying the coats a little to thick>?

If so you could pop the nails back in the lamp for another 10-20 seconds and you won't get any colour on your top coat brush :)

If using a UV lamp also check your bulbs - they may be on, but the bulbs may need replacing if you haven't done them with accordance to the manufacturers guidelines on usable usage.

Mat

thanks geeks, shall give these tips a try xx:)

Latest posts

Back