Gelish top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All-dolled-up

Reaction score
Hi I just got some harmony gelish products into my salon. Iv never used gelish but even using the gelish LED 45 lamp, the top coat remained tacky..I cured it 3 times so eventually I just wiped it with cleanser. Is this normal for this top coat?

I am not sure if it maybe 45 seconds instead of 30 for the 45 lamp but there should be residue tackiness that has to be cleansed off.
Only the dry armour you use with GHG don't need to be cleansed but all layers remain tacky, called the inhibition layer xx

...jewels not tools...

Last edited by a moderator:
You say that you have just got gelish into your salon......have you used gel:power polish before? I primarily use gel polish, however I have done a gel enhancement course whereby you wipe off the sticky layer before applying the top coat. I wonder of you are confusing gelish with this. The correct gelish application process is .. 1. nail prep ( to sufficiently dehydrate nail plate and remove any oily residue. 2 apply foundation....cure for 30 secs gelish Led lamp. 45ecs with led 5-45 lamp and 2 mins in 36 uv lamp. 3. Apply gelish colour polish and cure as per foundation. 4. Apply gelish top it off. Cure as per foundation/ colour layers. Wipe off sticky later with isopropyl a clock or equivalent. I wonder if perhaps you wiping the sticky layer off after the colour and before you have applied you coat ( as per gel enhancements?). Also, having had the 5-45 lamp, pay attention to the hand/finger positioning within the lamp when curing. Do not let the fingers pass the raised ridge in the base. Hope this helps

I would check with your insurance company that you are insured to use this without training..x knowing about the inhibition layer is basic knowledge so may be worth looking into training x

Latest posts

Back