Gelish users UV vs LED cure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps its more the quality of the uv lamp, rather than the actual uv vs led bit? As mine came from fleabay I have only a little confidence in it..:eek:

I use the 18G led and love it. I used to use a 36watt UV lamp and have tried various cheaper LED lamps (don't even go there....) It's definitely quicker as even though I can't do colour on a hand in 30 secs, I can do top/base in less that 2 mins (UV cure time). It's sooooo much quicker to do my own nails, used to just be sitting there for ages waiting for curing with the UV. I don't think the finish is any different but I think the clients are impressed by the lamp and I would never go back.

I use the 18G led and love it. I used to use a 36watt UV lamp and have tried various cheaper LED lamps (don't even go there....) It's definitely quicker as even though I can't do colour on a hand in 30 secs, I can do top/base in less that 2 mins (UV cure time). It's sooooo much quicker to do my own nails, used to just be sitting there for ages waiting for curing with the UV. I don't think the finish is any different but I think the clients are impressed by the lamp and I would never go back.

Forgot to say, I can do Rockstar toes in about half an hour with it too.

Great thread, brilliant article. I never thought of light like that, I know I should it's in my profession. But a bit confused about the led lamp not curing clear gels properly, did I read this right?xx

Great thread, brilliant article. I never thought of light like that, I know I should it's in my profession. But a bit confused about the led lamp not curing clear gels properly, did I read this right?xx

What I think they were saying is that it is harder for LED lights to cure clear gel because the best photoinitiators are bright orange. That color gets overwhelmed in coloured gel polishes, but they have to use a different, less easily activated photoinitiator for clear. Since the margin of error is smaller, make sure to use the light that matches the gel.

What I think they were saying is that it is harder for LED lights to cure clear gel because the best photoinitiators are bright orange. That color gets overwhelmed in coloured gel polishes, but they have to use a different, less easily activated photoinitiator for clear. Since the margin of error is smaller, make sure to use the light that matches the gel.

Arrgh right I get it! Had to read that a couple of times, didn't realize photo-initiators in gels were different colours. Thought they were just a chemical thanks.xx

I use my OPI LED lamp for my Gelish. I love that it is quicker than the UV lamp. I also have the Gelish Hard Gel and love it also. I did pink and whites on my natural nails (i keep them short) last night in 45 minutes, yes, that is start to finish. I used the dark pink sculpting hard gel and the bright white hard gel paint. I figured if I can do it on myself in 45 minutes, I can get clients done probably quicker. The only down fall is that, the hard gel does heat quicker but seems to dissipate quicker too. I didn't have to file them cause the gel self levels. Can you imagine, pink and white gels in 45 minutes? Pink and white gels go for $45 to $65 a set here in my area.

I know I shouldn't use another manufacturer's lamp with another's product, but who has the $$ to buy several different lamps? I have 2 UV lamps from CND and 2 LED lamps from OPI. I offer Axxium gels, Brisa gels, Shellac, Gelcolor and Gelish. If CND would just make Shellac and Brisa LED curable, I would be ecstatic!

Latest posts

Back