Gelish with tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
I'm just wondering can I use tips on my natural nail and gelish over and will it be just as strong? I want to put them on my own nails after 10 years of using acrylic I have just been using gelish on my natural nail and want a little bit more length for Xmas, will this be ok or should I use a few more coats for base and colour as I don't have the hard gel?

I don't use gelish but they definitely won't be as strong as acrylic if that's what you're hoping for! You'll be lucky if they last a couple of weeks! They'll have no strength where the tip joins to your nail and will ping off as soon as you catch them. Would be okay for a special event maybe but I wouldn't recommend it for general day to day

I understand they won't be as strong as acrylic and I didn't want them long anyway just about 4/5 millimetres longer than my own Il give it a try and see how it lasts I won't know until then

I highly doubt this will work at all :-/ its only gel polish after all

I wouldn't recommend it. They will have no strength and as soon as they are stressed they will ping up and risk bringing layers of your nail plate up causing damage that will be a long time putting right.

Will it not work even if they are a tiny bit longer than my own nail to give it shape?

One of my nails broke and now doesn't match the rest of my natural nails, this was last Thurs, and as I had a lot of appointments that day and needed to work at charity event that night, i blended a tip and used my gel polish over it, as a quick fix for the night. It lasted til Sat, where I did the same thing again, applied weekend tip and it was gone on Monday. Two days is all they'll last, no matter now long they are. I shall be sculpting it tomorrow when I'm back in my salon!

Latest posts

Back