Gels help me PLEASE before I give up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsellor

Reaction score
Hi All

I have done a set of gel overlays and they have all cracked!!!! Now I am thinking I have layered the gel to thickly as I did the following

Prep
Base Gel
Cure
Builder el
Cure
Finish Clear Gel
Cure
Glaze & Go
Cure

I have been told because I did a finish gel and glaze and go this is why I only need to do one of the other! Can someone let me know if this is correct?? I feel like giving up my confidence is very low!

I also Cure with a CND lamp but use NSI will this make a difference???

Thanks to anyone that can help me xx:Love:

Think you should only use one finishing product hun just try it with just glaze and go and see what happens. Also if the lamp is the same wattage as the nsi lamp them shouldn't be a problem x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Wattage has nothing to do with it, you need to use the correct lamp for your system.

It is the uv light emitted that cures the product and you have no way of judging this yourself.

Wattage has nothing to do with it, you need to use the correct lamp for your system.

It is the uv light emitted that cures the product and you have no way of judging this yourself.

You are of course correct in what you say, it is just that some brands do state that their gel can be cured with any UV Lamp of 36 watts. If they say this then the CND UV Lamp fits that criteria so you will be fine using it.

More technologically advanced gel systems often require a specifically designed lamp (as in the case of CND Gels) and of course the CND UV Lamp is configured specifically to cure CND gels but will also cure most all of the others.

That's what I meant

You are of course correct in what you say, it is just that some brands do state that their gel can be cured with any UV Lamp of 36 watts. If they say this then the CND UV Lamp fits that criteria so you will be fine using it.

More technologically advanced gel systems often require a specifically designed lamp (as in the case of CND Gels) and of course the CND UV Lamp is configured specifically to cure CND gels but will also cure most all of the others.

I thought the CND uv lamp was 9 watts? That's what it says on my bulbs (from s2)

I thought the CND uv lamp was 9 watts? That's what it says on my bulbs (from s2)

9 watts per bulb x 4 bulbs = 36 watts :)

No ... each bulb is 9 watts .. times 4 makes it use 36 watts of electricity to operate it !!! you are going to feel so silly now!! lol :hug: Never mind ... you've learned something. Wattage means the amount of electrical input to run the machine ... nothing to do with curing.

Ah thanks *blush* :)

Sorry I got my words mixed up

I think it is unlikely to be because you used two finishing gels.

Gel nails cracking is usually down to incorrect structure.

You need to build a gel nail the same way as a l&p nail. There must be an adequate apex in the correct place to absorb shock.

If you are painting gel on in a polish like fashion that won't give you a desirable shape for strength.

Thanks for your replies I went to NSI today and the girl there told me its due to the 2 layers of finishing gel as I am making the nail too thick therefore it cracks.

I am booking a one on one with them but I really didn't think I would need this :-(

maybe consider a one day workshop course with them instead i found it very enjoyable and informative.

Latest posts

Back