Gettin a bit worried with my timings!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjg1

Reaction score
Hello!
I've been in the industry a while now and am currently working within a hair and beauty salon. Myself and my colleague both take 45mins for a manicure and an hour for a pedicure and then add 15mins on if we are doing a deluxe mani or pedi. This is the way I have always done it and my colleague says the same. However it has been mentioned to us (not by clients but from someone else) that this is too long for what is being charged and price lists have been seen for other salons in the area where manicures only take 20 mins. I feel like I've suddenly got really rubbish at what I do or something! Its made me feel a bit down really. Also it has been mentioned that I take a long time to do enhancements. So I basically take too long to do anything to do with nails! I did have a 2 year break when I had my daughter but I've been back in the salon since Nov. Am I just being silly or am I really taking too long?!
:sad:

It depends what you do!
20 minutes is too short a time, and can only be a flie and polish rather than a manicure, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I can do a basic manicure, file, cuticle work, polish in 30 minutes, 45 mins for french manicure polish. No massage or hand cream, as this is in with the luxury manicure along with exfoliation and heated mitts.

If you are happy you are giving your clients value for money with the treatments you carry out and they are happy and rebooking with you then stop worrying.

That said you do need to think in a business way and make sure you can fit in an optimum number of clients in a day to make more profit, without making the client feel rushed or not valued.

I've been led to believe a standard manicure on average is around 45 minutes.

That aside as a customer if i went for a standard manicure that lasted 20 mins I'd feel a little cheated. jmho :)

x x x

I take 45 mins for a manicure, I can't imagine me doing it much quicker that. Even at that it depends on the cuticle work and whether the polish decides it's quick or slow dry day :)

I can be quite slow, I know I need to speed up, I just like to make sure I'm doing the job properly and they get an excellent end result rather than a rush job. I think 45 mins is perfectly acceptable for a manicure. Don't feel down :hug: xx

I've been led to believe a standard manicure on average is around 45 minutes.

That aside as a customer if i went for a standard manicure that lasted 20 mins I'd feel a little cheated. jmho :)

x x x

Me and a friend went to a nail bar and they informed us there manicures were from 15 mins up to 30 mins when I asked why 15 mins as that seemed very quick to me I was informed it's just filing of the nails at the end of the day! When I turned around and said about massage and polish the girl looked at me like I had just asked a stupid question. We never got our nails done after that x

Thanks everyone I feel much better. Sorry I didn't explain very well, when I say manicure I mean soak, cuticles, file, little massage and polish. Thanks everyone :biggrin:

I can be quite slow, I know I need to speed up, I just like to make sure I'm doing the job properly and they get an excellent end result rather than a rush job. I think 45 mins is perfectly acceptable for a manicure. Don't feel down :hug: xx

Thank you. Thats what I'm like, sometimes too much of a perfectionist lol! But all my clients seem happy! :biggrin:

It depends what you do!
20 minutes is too short a time, and can only be a flie and polish rather than a manicure, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I can do a basic manicure, file, cuticle work, polish in 30 minutes, 45 mins for french manicure polish. No massage or hand cream, as this is in with the luxury manicure along with exfoliation and heated mitts.

If you are happy you are giving your clients value for money with the treatments you carry out and they are happy and rebooking with you then stop worrying.

That said you do need to think in a business way and make sure you can fit in an optimum number of clients in a day to make more profit, without making the client feel rushed or not valued.

Thank you. Yes I can only do a file and polish in 20 mins. Maybe thats what they are doing and the person telling me didn't realise :rolleyes:

I think 45 mins is perfectly acceptable for a manicure and 1hour for a pedicure x You are great at ur job and have a regular clientelle (not sure if spellings correct?!) So dont worry x Love Your colleague :)

I think 45 mins is perfectly acceptable for a manicure and 1hour for a pedicure x You are great at ur job and have a regular clientelle (not sure if spellings correct?!) So dont worry x Love Your colleague :)

:lol: Aw thank you! I have to say that you are great at your job too and I enjoy working with you :biggrin:

Our manicure time is 45 minutes and our pedicure is 60 minutes.

We also add on 15 minutes for de-luxe versions.

We do a strictly cuticles file and paint for 30 minutes

An express pedi which is also cuticles file and paint for 40 minutes

In my opinion your timings are as they should be.

Jacqui xx

Ok thank u. That's what we both do so I was sure it was right!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Hello!
I've been in the industry a while now and am currently working within a hair and beauty salon. Myself and my colleague both take 45mins for a manicure and an hour for a pedicure and then add 15mins on if we are doing a deluxe mani or pedi. This is the way I have always done it and my colleague says the same. However it has been mentioned to us (not by clients but from someone else) that this is too long for what is being charged and price lists have been seen for other salons in the area where manicures only take 20 mins. I feel like I've suddenly got really rubbish at what I do or something! Its made me feel a bit down really. Also it has been mentioned that I take a long time to do enhancements. So I basically take too long to do anything to do with nails! I did have a 2 year break when I had my daughter but I've been back in the salon since Nov. Am I just being silly or am I really taking too long?!
:sad:

I also have the same timings as you. It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong to me x

My manicures take 45 mins
Pedicures 45 mins to an hour (if having a paraffin wax)
File and polish 15 mins normal 20 mins french
This is how I was taught and this is what I have always worked within. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back