Getting a text from a client Xmas day!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I think it would wind us up even if messages were left on a business phone at ungodly hours or on Christmas Day. The point we're making is these clients have the audacity to call at all at these rediculous times and expect the phone or text to be answered. Whether its on a business phone or not wouldn't make any difference to me.

I know what you mean (and yes I have had messages left occasionally and thought how crazy the times were but clients can leave me a text/answerphone message whenever they like to be honest) but my business phone doesnt ring (on silent)and I don't check/answer my messages at those crazy times so they don't worry me,annoy me or stress me in any way because my business phone is separate and on silent out of hours/during the night/xmas day etc. (Of course I answer them all immediately in working hours goes without saying).

If it was my personal number too of course I couldn't/wouldn't want to do that as I want family to be able to contact me in emergencies etc if I'm away and they cant ring my home line. Like I said having a totally separate business number/phone is professional, solves all the problems mentioned and saves all the anger/annoyance/stress constantly mentioned. Just my opinion and it works honest :)

Last edited:
I text my hairdresser and beautician whenever I feel like it. Sometimes the reply may take a whole day to come back but that's ok. I've never felt like I'm being a nuisance but then they're both lovely girls and always very gracious and thankful for my loyalty and continued business.

I text my hairdresser and beautician whenever I feel like it. Sometimes the reply may take a whole day to come back but that's ok. I've never felt like I'm being a nuisance but then they're both lovely girls and always very gracious and thankful for my loyalty and continued business.

Just ignore me. I'm just having an angry Xmas. If there's an angry bandwagon I can jump on, I'm first in the queue. Really should open the "you make yourself happy" thread but I'd probably end up chucking the iPad at the wall.

I used to have 2 mobile phones one for personal and one for business, but my personal one broke, and I couldn't see the point of having 2 phones, 2 bills, so just have the one now, it suits me that way. Just be nice if people had the respect to piss off when it's obviously holiday time.

Just ignore me. I'm just having an angry Xmas. If there's an angry bandwagon I can jump on, I'm first in the queue. Really should open the "you make yourself happy" thread but I'd probably end up chucking the iPad at the wall.

If there was an angry bandwagon I'd be on it myself. It's taking me all my time to be civil too. Could write a book about what's hacked me off this Xmas.
You're fine, rants are allowed ;)

I should have mentioned in my post, it was my business phone that I was contacted on, I was silly enough to leave it on, and heard the message.
Next time, it will be switched to silent or off!!
None of my clients have my personal number.

One of my friends clients wanted her to work Boxing Day for her and was all weird when she said no! X

I don't know why people always seem to think the client is expecting an answer straight away.

If they text you at an ungodly or unsociable times it is probably because they have just remembered that they need to contact you, they know they are contacting your work number and they DON'T expect you to hear the phone or to answer the text, they just want to know they have contacted you & that you will then be in touch within your normal business hours.

I've had a text come through on my work phone on a Fri night with an enquiry & for an appointment and I've seen it but chose not answered until the Monday morning as it was my weekend off work, being mobile I tend to work everyday & have no real set in stone hours - I will often work at silly o'clock if needs be (accomodating clients needs) and don't often book myself time off.

I then stated at the beginning of my reply that I had been away for the weekend and answered the enquiry & booked the client in.

I don't think my clients who send these texts lack respect for me or that they are being inconsiderate - I think they text or call to leave an answer machine message and they are doing it while it's on their mind to do so. My clients are often shocked when I answer the phone or text them back quickly when it's late at night. My clients get to know me though and they know if they need to contact me no matter what time it is they can & I will get back to them as soon as I am available to do so.

I often choose to leave my work phone at home or by my bed when I'm not working & when I've booked myself time off I DON'T check it - EVEN if I hear it ring or the text alert going off because it's my time off and I'm not going to think about work, I will then check it in the morning when I wake up and if a reply is needed it will be done then to inform them when I am next working or whatever.

If you know it's going to annoy you knowing that some clients might have text or phoned at unreasonable times then just DON'T look at your phone - put it away and ONLY get it back out when your due to start work again - you are in control of your behaviour afterall.

I'd have rang back at 3.30am saying....
So sorry, I've just got your message n thought as you'd contacted me Xmas day while I'm with my family, I thought it must be urgent so rang you back immediately!
But then.... I can be a spiteful cow lol

I don't mind a client texting me as long as they don't expect me to do it on Christmas Day, or 10pm at night! I like to keep my clients happy and not texting them back is just rude! All you have to do is give them a day/time to suit you, don't let someone ruin your holiday!

I think texting Christmas and Boxing day is a big no no and for the sake of waiting 48 hours clients can wait.

However it's up to us to either switch off our phones or ignore them. They'll soon get the message. .. so to speak ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My dad works from home (dental technician) and he's had someone turn up on xmas day before expecting him to fix his denture!! People are so rude.

Latest posts

Back