Getting rid of green!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snmlondonhair

Reaction score
Hey Geeks!

So we have a client who we coloured blue a couple of months ago, she's now wanting to go to a dark blonde.
We've made her use clarifying shampoos etc at home and we're now at a pale green.
Iv attached some images of her current hair colour and colour she wants to achieve. Red is needed to clash out the green tones -but as you can see the image she wants to achieve is quite ash/natural. Would it be a case of a warmer colour to begin?

Any suggestions?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465804658.787570.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465804668.638644.jpg

You're probably not gonna get that green out so your best option is to neutralise! You could achieve a neutral result but I wouldn't promise cool for now.

Sorry forgot to mention -We've done a strand test and the green didn't budge at all & was stretching [emoji30]
We took her from a base 5 to blue previously, so as you can imagine it's had quite a lot of cleansing underneath xx

I'm always interested to hear everyone's ways of neutralising this pale green as when I was training, my tutors would often just say they needed a level 5 copper on it...

What did you use on the strand rest? Try clear or 10 with 30 vol

Bleaching will force the blue through. Sometime blue can stain the cuticle so whilst your seeing green, the cuticle is blue and the cortex us lighter/ yellow giving you green

Sorry forgot to mention -We've done a strand test and the green didn't budge at all & was stretching [emoji30]
We took her from a base 5 to blue previously, so as you can imagine it's had quite a lot of cleansing underneath xx

What colour brand do you use?

I'm always interested to hear everyone's ways of neutralising this pale green as when I was training, my tutors would often just say they needed a level 5 copper on it...

Definitely not!

I'd use a level 9-10 with red mixtone. Neutralise then drop depth down after prepigmentation.

Definitely not!

I'd use a level 9-10 with red mixtone. Neutralise then drop depth down after prepigmentation.

That's what I always thought, use a light colour with a neutralising tone. But can't argue with your tutors haha

That's what I always thought, use a light colour with a neutralising tone. But can't argue with your tutors haha

You totally can, I did[emoji12]

You totally can, I did[emoji12]

Haha I got the cold shoulder for weeks if I did! Not what you want when you need assessments passing haha!

Thanks everyone, I use Wella. No I didn't think of using a base 10 -but that makes perfect sense! I'll try that before we put a darker tint onto her.

Thanks everyone, I use Wella. No I didn't think of using a base 10 -but that makes perfect sense! I'll try that before we put a darker tint onto her.

I'd still prepig after the 10/ with perfecton even though she wants a cool result, just do a light perfecton with /43 and /3.

I'd still prepig after the 10/ with perfecton even though she wants a cool result, just do a light perfecton with /43 and /3.

Great idea! Thank you :D

Can I just ask, after reading this thread, for future reference, do you mean use a straight base 10 with pastel, then go over with a pre pig of /43 and /3, then add the darker ash tone to complete? Did you have any luck with your client @Snmlondonhair? Xxx

Really interested to know the corrective formula as I have had two friends in the green hair situation (both hairdressers) one who ended up giving herself a chemical haircut

Can I just ask, after reading this thread, for future reference, do you mean use a straight base 10 with pastel, then go over with a pre pig of /43 and /3, then add the darker ash tone to complete? Did you have any luck with your client @Snmlondonhair? Xxx

10/0 and 0/45 w/pastel until green is neutralised. Rinse off anti oxy, perfecton, dry in then apply final shade.

Brilliant! Thanks Cams I am filing this one!! My friend currently has this green tinge and is too scared to do this as thinks she will end up copper, she is a hairdresser and an amazing colourist but has lost her bottle with herself! Xxx

10/0 and 0/45 w/pastel until green is neutralised. Rinse off anti oxy, perfecton, dry in then apply final shade.

9/43 illumina is nice too as a corrector. At one of my wella courses the model I did had a green tinge from copper deposits in water and we used it. Cleaned it up a treat.

Latest posts

Back