GHD's - Are they really worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luanndanielle

Reaction score
So given that hair straighteners have improved massively in the recent past, do I really need to shell out on a set of GHD's for my kit or can I get some that are equally as good, without the £100+ price tag?

I dont think so... i dont even think they're that good anymore. You can get straighteners just as good, or better.. for at least half the price x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

So given that hair straighteners have improved massively in the recent past, do I really need to shell out on a set of GHD's for my kit or can I get some that are equally as good, without the £100+ price tag?

Diva's range are really good! I got the series 3 ones x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I loveeeee my divas.

I just brought a pair of cloud 9 touch and love them ive got naturally wavy hair and normally my hair goes wavy after. A few hours of straightening but found with the cloud 9 straighteners I can go to bed and wake up with my hair still straight, granted there £99 to guy but I got mine with 30% off on hqhair :)

Diva's range are really good! I got the series 3 ones x

Thank you hun will check them out :)

I dont think so... i dont even think they're that good anymore. You can get straighteners just as good, or better.. for at least half the price x

Thanks for the reply. Any recommendations?

I just brought a pair of cloud 9 touch and love them ive got naturally wavy hair and normally my hair goes wavy after. A few hours of straightening but found with the cloud 9 straighteners I can go to bed and wake up with my hair still straight, granted there £99 to guy but I got mine with 30% off on hqhair :)

Thank you hun! Will have a look now

Thank you hun! Will have a look now

It's 10% off but you get an extra 20% off for being a new customer of you google the discount code

I've decided to buy a pair so thank you! Do you know of their hairdryers are any good? Looking at Parlux at the Mo

I dont think cloud nine do hair dryers but def parlux that's what I use, also with the cloud nines if you register them within 14 days you get 24 month warrenty instead of 12 months which is really good

I've decided to buy a pair so thank you! Do you know of their hairdryers are any good? Looking at Parlux at the Mo

Ghd aura is the best dryer I've used in my entire life! x

Just been reading about these. What makes them so good?

Try a brand named Evy they are amazing better than ghd in my eyes

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Just been reading about these. What makes them so good?

The ghd aura?

It's quieter so you can have a conversation, it dries the hair in seconds! The air is super directed, so it doesn't blast any hair out of the way.

My blow dries have been quicker and bouncier since I got it, not that they needed improving on ;) hahaha

The ghd aura?

It's quieter so you can have a conversation, it dries the hair in seconds! The air is super directed, so it doesn't blast any hair out of the way.

My blow dries have been quicker and bouncier since I got it, not that they needed improving on ;) hahaha

Ah I see. My blow dries are my weak point thus far lol. Maybe it's worth the investment then. One of my main issues is blasting the hair I'm not actually drying Haha. I am getting better though (I swear haha)

Try a brand named Evy they are amazing better than ghd in my eyes

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you :)

The ghd aura?

Complete impulse buy I have just bought one for personal use based on your recommendation haha

I second the Ghd Aura it's amazing

I threw out my GHD dryer. (It was a day I was in a bad mood and it didn't do as well on a client as it should have. Got so angry I threw it out.) Thought it was awful. The highest heat was ok, but nothing amazing like I was expecting. And it didn't leave the hair as nice as the Valera dryer.

But that's just me! I can see how some would love it. We all have different preferences.

Latest posts

Back