Gift vouchers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orchid11

Reaction score
I currently get mine from vistaprint and although they are good I would like to make mine a bit more special looking. Ive seen some lovely ones from salons with boxes and bows etc, ive previously looked for just boxes to put existing vouchers in but couldn't find the right thing for the size.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I currently get mine from vistaprint and although they are good I would like to make mine a bit more special looking. Ive seen some lovely ones from salons with boxes and bows etc, ive previously looked for just boxes to put existing vouchers in but couldn't find the right thing for the size.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Basically just look up any marketing website that sells promotional stuff..

The Box Office - Gift Boxes, Presentation Boxes and Folding Cartons - bespoke boxes

Promotional Products, Promotional Items & Corporate Business Gifts & Merchandise UK - Ideasbynet

Hope thats helpful... oh any BTW the boxes sound like a brill idea! Def something extra for the customers!

:)

We are currently overhauling our gift voucher system after asking for advice from the police with regard to security issues.

We currently get them printed by Vistaprint, a postcard, nice design, and we number and date them and place them in an envelope for the customer.

The thing is that anyone can go to Vistaprint and get exactly the same design and copy our vouchers. Why would they do that we asked ourselves? Well, as has been pointed out to us, they can be copied, sold in the local pub for less than face value to an unsuspecting punter especially at Christmas time. All they have to say is "I had this given as a present, I won't use it, do you want to buy it cheap"

The unsuspecting "buyer" comes along to your salon, has a treatment and then redeems the voucher. You may not realise straight away and even if you do are you going to risk your business getting a bad name from disgruntled clients who go away saying that you won't honour your gift vouchers.

I will tell you how easy it is. I currently use exactly the same postcard design as someone else on this site.

So, today i have been looking at buying security conscious printed gift vouchers from a dedicated supplier.

Please think about it before Christmas is upon you as you may well get ripped off

Bloody hell, something else to get ripped off over! Are there any other honest people left in the world???

Has this actually happened to you or are you just worried that it might?

They would have to buy a voucher first to be able to copy it and know that you got them from vistaprint too.

I think the idea of nice vouchers is great though. I have seen some gorgeous ones but i don't have the demo's on me, i think the company might be called POS, if you want to try looking them up.

Not heard of that before junejuno- though I suppose it makes sense.

Would it not just be worth just signing the back of each voucher and dating it as sold? It's clearly not fool-proof- it's just another layer of (visible) security.

I'd be tempted to keep a log-book of each voucher sold- and you're killing two birds with one stone....measuring how well your vouchers are selling and "tracking" them to a certain extent.

Not heard of that before junejuno- though I suppose it makes sense.

Would it not just be worth just signing the back of each voucher and dating it as sold? It's clearly not fool-proof- it's just another layer of (visible) security.

I'd be tempted to keep a log-book of each voucher sold- and you're killing two birds with one stone....measuring how well your vouchers are selling and "tracking" them to a certain extent.

This is exactly what I have just set up for mine, fantastic advice Carl!!

Sue x

We are currently overhauling our gift voucher system after asking for advice from the police with regard to security issues.

We currently get them printed by Vistaprint, a postcard, nice design, and we number and date them and place them in an envelope for the customer.

The thing is that anyone can go to Vistaprint and get exactly the same design and copy our vouchers. Why would they do that we asked ourselves? Well, as has been pointed out to us, they can be copied, sold in the local pub for less than face value to an unsuspecting punter especially at Christmas time. All they have to say is "I had this given as a present, I won't use it, do you want to buy it cheap"

The unsuspecting "buyer" comes along to your salon, has a treatment and then redeems the voucher. You may not realise straight away and even if you do are you going to risk your business getting a bad name from disgruntled clients who go away saying that you won't honour your gift vouchers.

I will tell you how easy it is. I currently use exactly the same postcard design as someone else on this site.

So, today i have been looking at buying security conscious printed gift vouchers from a dedicated supplier.

Please think about it before Christmas is upon you as you may well get ripped off

A signature and stamp on the back solves that one doesn't it? Lets not over complicate things! In reality - how often is this likely to happen?

i would think this is very unlikely as they would have to buy the vouchers from vistaprint too.

there are probably quite simple ways of getting around it like stamping them with numbers so you know how much youve given out.
or logging them etc..

there always people looking for ways to rip people off so i can understand why your worried.

Yeh i was thinking of that.

making like a unique code writing it on the back and then putting the details including the code in back of the acc book.
If anyone comes in with the same number twice then i'll know wht's going on.

I agree that a signature on the back is good, but you can also buy a sheet of security holograms on Ebay that work quite well.

Hologram security sticker tamper evident label 144 on eBay (end time 10-Oct-09 10:44:16 BST)

They only cost a few quid for a pile of stickers, and they just add an extra degree of security - I guess that really persistent people could just go and buy some of the same holograms, but they'd have to match them exactly. It would discourage the casual photocopier, too, and you'd easily be able to show punters bringing in dodgy vouchers that all yours feature the security hologram as you were aware of the problem.

(Just to be clear, I have not association or business relationship with the person supplying these holograms - they are the first listing that came up when I searched Ebay for security holograms!)

Latest posts

Back