Girlfriend Buffer And Solar Oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOPCAT1008

Reaction score
Hi everyone - been reading through this site and have read a couple of times about using the girlfriend buffer with solar oil - what exactly does this mean - do you put oil on and then buff using the black, white and grey sides or after buffing with the black and the white, do i oil and then use the grey for shining. Hope you all understand this. thanks and look forwad to doing it right

Hi TC; it is actually the Koala Buffer 1200 side that is made specifically for SolarOil... if you use any side of the Girlfriend directly with Solar Oil, you will mess up the buffer. Finish your enhancements; refine and perfect them with SolarOil and the Koala...then wipe them with Scrubfresh to get rid of the oil residue, then use the Girlfriend buffer for shine!! HTH's :)

Mrs Geek said:
Hi TC; it is actually the Koala Buffer 1200 side that is made specifically for SolarOil... if you use any side of the Girlfriend directly with Solar Oil, you will mess up the buffer. Finish your enhancements; refine and perfect them with SolarOil and the Koala...then wipe them with Scrubfresh to get rid of the oil residue, then use the Girlfriend buffer for shine!! HTH's :)
thanks mrs. geek - did waste my girfriend buffer - so now know. Great help this site. I use backscratchers extreme powder glaze system - will it be the same with this system ??

I would think (opinion based) that it doesn't matter which system you use, the same principal applies.

Mrs Geek said:
...then wipe them with Scrubfresh to get rid of the oil residue, then use the Girlfriend buffer for shine!! HTH's :)

Thank you Mrs Geek!! I did not know this either never wiped the oil off!!:(

Hmmm..... me neither! wonder if thats the reason why I am going through so many buffers lately? the outer skin keeps coming loose and flapping around! x

Aspirations said:
Hmmm..... me neither! wonder if thats the reason why I am going through so many buffers lately? the outer skin keeps coming loose and flapping around! x

probably!! most buffers are not made to have oil slathered all over them but as I say, the 1200 side of the Koala is... if you are ever in doubt of the grits... the side with the writing on is always the 240grit side (this is for CND abrasives btw)!!

Ooooh thanks very much- ive gone through lots of buffers too! ive wondered how everyone gets their nails looking like glass! x

sambam said:
Ooooh thanks very much- ive gone through lots of buffers too! ive wondered how everyone gets their nails looking like glass! x

The Edge "Super Shiner" buffer is fab - I can get the glass like appearance with it (it's not for use with oil though - just for final finishing).

Sorry, but do you mean wipe the nails with scrubfresh or the buffers?

i just opened an account with creative,love solar oil and this girlfriend buffer sounds brill so just brought that now....x

Sorry, but do you mean wipe the nails with scrubfresh or the buffers?

from what i have read huni as i dont use creative...

you buff the solar oil in with the koala 12000 side...(soft) then you wipe all nails with scrubfresh ...then you buff with the girlfreind or another buffer x

ok so have i got this right....
after using a white block you then put solar oil aroud cuticle area then buff the oil in with the koala buffer 1200 side then wipe nails with scrubfresh use the 3 way girlfriend buffer for a glass shine finish?? i would like to know if this is right so i can buy the koala buffer to do this great finish look... thanks x

not just the cuticle area, all over the nail :)

Latest posts

Back