Giving a little back...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc333

Reaction score
I've been thinking alot recently about the kids parties that I do and how it can make them feel so good about themselves just by having a little nail art on. Those who know me will know that I love doing the princess parties!!
It got me thinking about doing some volunteer work at my local hospital or hospice for sick children.
Am waiting on insurance company getting back to me to find out if I'd be covered to do this before I make some more phonecalls but just wondered if anyone else does anything similar???

sounds great.. hope you can put loads of smiles on those poor kids..

that is a really nice idea, good luck with it and let us know how you get on xx

thanks, will let you know how I get on.

I think its a great idea, every easter The Freaks Of Nature, which is the charming name of the motor cycle club that Paul and I belong to have a ride around Northamptonshire delivering easter eggs to the childrens homes. Until we did this I didn't realise that kids in childrens homes don't get easter eggs, the peeps who run the homes just don't have the funding for it.

That sounds fab Susie, well done, just makes you realise and appreciate the simple things in life

I think its a great idea, every easter The Freaks Of Nature, which is the charming name of the motor cycle club that Paul and I belong to have a ride around Northamptonshire delivering easter eggs to the childrens homes. Until we did this I didn't realise that kids in childrens homes don't get easter eggs, the peeps who run the homes just don't have the funding for it.

I've been thinking alot recently about the kids parties that I do and how it can make them feel so good about themselves just by having a little nail art on. Those who know me will know that I love doing the princess parties!!
It got me thinking about doing some volunteer work at my local hospital or hospice for sick children.
Am waiting on insurance company getting back to me to find out if I'd be covered to do this before I make some more phonecalls but just wondered if anyone else does anything similar???
This is a lovely idea of yours, im in yorkshire too so if you do it and find there is more children than you have time to do let me know as i would be willing to give up some of my time to help you out :Love:

This is a lovely idea of yours, im in yorkshire too so if you do it and find there is more children than you have time to do let me know as i would be willing to give up some of my time to help you out :Love:

ahhh isn't that lovely...i think it would be fab to work together on this...you will enjoy it and the kids will love it. xxxx

Count me in too hunny if you need a hand, I would be happy to do it:Love:

God bless you mate!

You could be busy all week with clients from 7am till 10pm every day and the pay couldn't be as good as the joy you would see in these little ones faces.

Teri x

Thanks geeks and also LoubyLou and fats28 for the offers, that would be great.
Will collar my insurance company again tomorrow and also take plans a step further.
Will keep you updated.

Just an update...
Well rather disapointed, contacted Mid Yorkshire Hospitals (covers Pontefract, Wakefield etc) about doing the voluntary work but can't do it. They said its too much admin due to having to get parents permission etc.
I've contacted a few local childrens hospices, same applied to some and the others are getting back to me.
Feel rather deflated and disapointed about it.

Aww chin up hun someone will realise what a treat you are offering, have you tried the local social services or local marie curie hospises, i know an area manager for a group of childrens homes, i will try to contact her and see if she has any childrens homes in our area will also get my thinking cap on to see what else we can come up with :hug:

Latest posts

Back