Giving lipsticks/mascaras to brides?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolie69

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if any of you give these or any other items to brides as part of your service.
I give a small amount if the lipstick and gloss in a pot with a disp lipbrush for touch ups and a book of powdered sheets for anti shine.
Would live to give the above items but would have to add this on as my lipsticks are pro and have a pro price tag !
Thanks
What do you all do please xx

I think it would be a lovely gesture to give the bride the lipstick, so they can touch up their make-up throughout the day, but like you said, pro tools come at a pro price.

So I would either contact the brand to see if you can buy sample size lip products from them. Another alternative would be to offer the lippie that you have used for sale to the bride or already include the lipstick in the price that you charge, so it doesn't seem like they're paying extra, but like they're getting a freebie with the make-up.

x

Please get this into prospective, you are running a business! Don't waste your money giving them away as most brides chose their lipstick especially for their big day and will not wear it again.

I've stopped doing bridal gift bags etc as it's a waste of money and eats into my profit margin, instead I now retail them to clients

I am thinking of retailing lipsticks and mascaras as I'm about to start BS at home and feel that these are 2 items that I could afford to use that are not pro and easier to include in my prices- for the mascara, and retail- for the lipsticks.
I do offer to retail the lipsticks to brides but most are put off the £19 + prices of the high end/ pro brands I use.
I would need to significant increase my costs to include this as standard. However finding a similar but high street brand to retail makes sense as lipstick needs reapplying regardless of the brand and BS are a good high street product.
Thanks for your reply x

When I do a bridal trial I give a face chart listing all the products that I use especially recommending the ones needed for the big day e.g. Lipstick, powder etc. I then leave it up to the bride to buy the recommended products but 99% do.

For the bridesmaids and those brides that are not bothered about buying a product I decant a small amount of gloss into 2ml pots. Mostly for brides I use MAC Creamsheen and can get about 10 pots out of one gloss and for BM's I use a gloss from Superdrug (can't remember what it is called) but it is only £1 each and I get at least 20 pots decanted that's really non expensive. I also give them all a disposable lip brush, not very expensive either. I also pop in a few blotting sheets for each person just in case they need them, total cost per person less than £1.00

I think that my make-up clients like the fact that I am giving them something to prolong the longevity of their make-up and the cost of what I provide is so minimal that it does not impact my profit margin.

I always give bridal clients or prom clients the option to bring their own lipstick or gloss with them as 9 times out of 10 they will want to use their own to touch up during the day. Like previous replies have said giving away freebies eats into yr profit margins. Works for me as I can't possibly hold a full range of retail products with every colour xxx

I show the brides what shades I have used at the trial and give them the option to purchase their own before the day. 99% of my clients do.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back