Glasgow helicopter tragedy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martigirl

Reaction score
Controversial for me I know but couldn't shut up
Any longer!!!!

Forgive me if I have missed it but using the search facility is telling me that it hasn't even been mentioned on
this forum!

Gutted that we discuss so much here but real human tragedy is ignored!!

Am I missing something here?

Totally agree, im from Glasgow and everyone is devastated by this. It was a real shock for everyone xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Must say I was surprised too.

Praying for all who are affected by this terrible tragedy.

Last edited:
It's a horrible tragedy. Because it's not being discussed on this forum doesn't mean it's being igonored.

Praying for everyone who has been affected.

All sympathy to those affected. (I did post in shoutbox as soon as I heard).

It looks like a very close-knit community, and will impact on many.

Just really shocked me not to see it mentioned, I wasn't judging just flabbergasted that with everything that gets discussed here in minute detail a tragedy of this proportion wasn't mentioned by anyone myself included x

Last edited:
All sympathy to those affected. (I did post in shoutbox as soon as I heard).

It looks like a very close-knit community, and will impact on many.

Glasgow is a very large place but at the moment it seems like a village xx

My heart goes out to everyone who lost their loved ones;(
I can really understand how you feel about this tragedy. In my country we just had a tragedy, when supermarket collapsed and 54 people died. It was really heartbreaking:(

Miss estrelita xx. Hugs from Scotland there have been too many tragedies this year xxc

i sometimes think there's no need or benefit to discuss real human tragedy online. sometimes words on a forum seem so empty.
makes me laugh when people are so distraught about a loved ones death that they post about it straightaway on Facebook.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's a terrible tragedy and I can't imagine what it feels like to be part of that community with something so bad happening. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this. :hug:

I am still pretty numbed by it all, it was certainly a very sombre St Andrews Day.
It is tragic what happened, and yet also quite miraculous that so many people did survive.

It makes you feel proud to be scottish seeing facts like people running towards the pub to help people rather than away to save themselves, and since this awful event seeing Hotels nearby open their doors to the emergency service personnel to use and restaurants providing food also to help, taxi companies providing free transport to hospitals to relatives and loved ones of those injured. Glasgow City Council immediately cancelling all celebrations planned for St Andrews Day putting respect before profit.
Surely all of that shows the true spirit of St Andrews day.

The Guard of honour provided by the emergency services as the bodies were finally removed from the scene was particularly moving today, as have been the stories of the survivors now emerging.

With my connections to the police I have been quite deeply affected by the weekends happenings, and feel so sad that already there are 3 names and lives to be commemorated at the Police Memorial Service next year.

I've had Sky news on and off since the moment it happened. With respect, I thought it would be for one of the Scots to start a thread so it seems unfair to speak as though we don't care. I do care very much.

Ps. One thing that struck me was that onlookers ran to the disaster and not away. Shows the spirit of the Glaswegians.

Last edited:
So shocking no matter where it is or who it effects but when its somewhere you have drove or walked past many times it seems totally unbelievable and shocking. Thoughts to everyone involved. Proud to be from Glasgow where everyone certainly comes together during hard times.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I too have felt very numb since hearing about this tragedy! I can't start to imagine how the families and friends of those that didn't survive and the injured are coping! Christmas being just a few weeks away will be very difficult indeed! It just makes me want to hug those close to me that little bit more xx

I've had Sky news on and off since the moment it happened. With respect, I thought it would be for one of the Scots to start a thread so it seems unfair to speak as though we don't care. I do care very much.

Ps. One thing that struck me was that onlookers ran too the disaster and not away. Shows the spirit of the Glaswegians.

Totally agree with everything you've said Kim. I too have been watching it on the news.

What a dreadful thing to happen. Those poor people and their families. Absolutely tragic.

Can anyone tell me? You know the blonde guy who showed us a photo of his dad on his phone and said that he thought he was in the pub and that his dad's phone was dead? Was he in there and is he ok? I've caught that on Sky today.

There's no reason for the helicopter to have dropped they say and no May Day. Very strange. So tragic.

as far as I can tell he is expected to be one of the poor souls removed from the debris today xx

I too like everyone else feel quite numb I spent a sleepless night wondering if one of my bet friends was celebrating her birthday there as it was very likely as she regularly drank there (we were in only 3 weeks ago)

As it turned out thankfully she wasn't but our other friend and his friend left the bar at 10 pm as it was so busy.

Its truly awful and as I previously said I wasn't judging or suggesting people didn't care I was just flabbergasted that it hadn't been mentioned .

as far as I can tell he is expected to be one of the poor souls removed from the debris today xx

I too like everyone else feel quite numb I spent a sleepless night wondering if one of my bet friends was celebrating her birthday there as it was very likely as she regularly drank there (we were in only 3 weeks ago)

As it turned out thankfully she wasn't but our other friend and his friend left the bar at 10 pm as it was so busy.

Its truly awful and as I previously said I wasn't judging or suggesting people didn't care I was just flabbergasted that it hadn't been mentioned .
Yes Martigirl, just seen he's one of the dead. Oh God!:sad:

I know you weren't judging. I feel the same about Soldier Lee Rigby……..I couldn't find any comments on here about the trial but maybe I'm not using the search correctly.

Yes Martigirl, just seen he's one of the dead. Oh God!:sad:

I know you weren't judging. I feel the same about Soldier Lee Rigby……..I couldn't find any comments on here about the trial but maybe I'm not using the search correctly.

Aw, it was difficult watching him this morning! I could feel him trying very hard not to break down! I did it for him though :cry:

Latest posts

Back