Glitter Enhancements Take 2... improvements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollBird

Reaction score
Hi techs, after my first critique I took on your advice and these are my sister in law's Glitter enhancements. I again used CND Retention Plus and Perfect Colour powders with an NSI Glitter. I am interested too see if you can see improvement in the previous problem area and any comments are welcome. Thank you!

Hiya...there is a definate improvement! I noticed straight away that your placement of the silver is neater and there are no stray glitter pieces on the pink of the nail.
I also think your application around the cuticle is much better too..:biggrin:
Be careful when filing the free edge as it looks like you've filed away too much of the corners ( middle fingers..especially right one)
Hth...Good job:wink2:

*If you don't mind me asking... how long have you been qualified? *
xx

I didnt see the first pic but my suggestions for improvement are....

Your smile lines would flatter more if they were more curved. When they are a bit flat it creates a horizontal line across the widest part of the nail which is not good for a slender look.

Your tip lengths and shapes are inconsistent. Try imagining a vertical line through the nail and attempt to make each side a mirror image and then all the tips will look the same.

One last thing, they could be a bit shinier. Make sure you are graduating the grits of your files. Be really sure that with each subsequent file or buffer that you have completely removed the marks that the previous abrashive left behind.

angel1981...I qualified in L&P in 2009 after training with Liza Smith at Bodylines, I became a Mum in 2010 and nails were put aside which is why I am picking up my brush and getting myself back on track. I am pleased you think they have improved!!
angelfingers.... The previous critique is just down the page so hopefully if you looked you would see improvement. Thank you for your observations. With regard to shine , I have gone through 2 buffers, then a girlfriend buffer and the cnd shine block. I have recently purchased a Glaze N Glo product to try also , maybe this would be a way to create more shine? My smiles are still not perfect but they have improved from my training days :) and I agree on the inconsistency , I do tend to forget to compare the two hands.

Latest posts

Back