Glitter in L&p's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty&pampered

Reaction score
i currently use l&p but am new to this and wondered in you can seal glitter into it? i have tried it on 1 nail and look ok but im worried that because of the glitter it will not bond with the natural nail. any hints or tips you can give me?

You'll be please to know that you can seal it into the L&P! The glitter is mixed in with some clear powder to the ratio that you want (but make sure that the mix isnt too much glitter) then apply it to the nail. Once cured add a thin layer of clear glitter over it otherwise when you buff the nail it will remove the glitter. HTH.

oh cheers for that thats great. i though that was the case but just wanted to check so i dont look stupid and have them all fall off Thank you x

You can also buy ready mixed glitter powders. EZ Flow do some gorgeous ones.

nails@42ndstreet said:
You can also buy ready mixed glitter powders. EZ Flow do some gorgeous ones.
Hey Cathie, I'm saving up for those!! Please excuse ignorance but are the glitters already made up into clear powder or something?

Yes, I believe they are holographic film and polyester particles some in clear some in white powder. Because the glitters are so dense, you need to cap with clear otherwise as you say, the glitter particles will come out when you buff.

I'm no expert though as you can tell from my not so technical explanation!!

Carole Lindsay said:
Hey Cathie, I'm saving up for those!! Please excuse ignorance but are the glitters already made up into clear powder or something?
Some of the EZ Flow glitter powders are in clear, and do not have to be reinforced with clear. (Dare to be Dazzling is the name of that collection) The Walk of Fame glitters must have a thin layer of clear over them to provide strength and shape. One of my clients:rolleyes: (mum) thought there was too much glitter in the color we chose so I mixed it with some clear for her. Seems to be wearing well.

Oh excellent i will be saving up for those glitters, i'm also saving up for more of the coloured powders as now got the bug for 3D nail art.

Thanks Cathie for your info on EZ Flow, i've really got the bug for it now. My L&P has really improved as well. Can't wait to start colour fading and blending with all the glitters it looks so good.

Latest posts

Back