Glitter Powder question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caqt4u2nv

Reaction score
I've been looking for a glitter powder thats dark green but haven't had any luck. I tried Tammy Taylor's green acrylic but its more like a light lime green. I'm looking for something dark green for St. Patty's Day. I thought about using green glitter powder but i dont know how to use it because I have always worked with powder acrylic and have never had to mix my colors. It that what you have to do with the glitter powder ... mix it in with clear acrylic?

You can mix it with clear, pink or in this case as you want a green glitter you could mix it with green polymer (powder), it is trial and error with the mixing, just put the powder you are going to mix it with in a small container and add the glitter and shake really well then test it on a tip, if you want it more glittery add more glitter if you want it less glittery add more powder, you will need to work a little wetter when using glitters hth,
you dont have to buy a powder with the glitter in it you can buy really fine glitter from a craft shop and mix it with your powder

There are some lovely glitters from Nail Grafix, all you do is top up the jar to the rim with pink powder and shake to mix, simple pimple.

If you don't want to go for the expensive stuff, fine glitter powder from craft shops is the same stuff they use but does not come in pots to mix up so you would have to buy your own pots to store it in. Also mixing glitter with pink powder comes out better as clear can sometimes turn out cloudy.

Hope this helps.

There are some lovely glitters from Nail Grafix, all you do is top up the jar to the rim with pink powder and shake to mix, simple pimple.

If you don't want to go for the expensive stuff, fine glitter powder from craft shops is the same stuff they use but does not come in pots to mix up so you would have to buy your own pots to store it in. Also mixing glitter with pink powder comes out better as clear can sometimes turn out cloudy.

Hope this helps.

So do think I can mix it with Tammy Taylor's True pink or should it be a lighter pink?

I made a red glitter mix using red glitter and clear powder. I think it looks pretty good.

Shoot me if i'm wrong cos I just played with L&P for a couple of days and not sure of the "rules" but I had some mineral powders, gold and lilac, that i used with the clear powder.

This is what happened.
Image of Gold Mica 3d art - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I got the powders from a cosmetic place that sold mineral powder make up.

Again, I dont know if this is a "done" thing as I am new to L&P, I'm a gel gal normally but enjoy having a play about with something different.

You can see that the gold sparkles like glitter whilst being a powder and also a coverage colour, opaque I think is the word I am loking for but completely blonde at the moment.

HTH

Rachel

INM has a real pretty green

Thanks for all the info. So now i'm wondering do i or do I not mix the glitter with clear, cause some say yes some say no cause it turns cloudy? And will Tammy Taylor's True pink work?

I tend to use the ratio 1 scoop of glitter to 2 scoops of powder. This gives a dense colour keeping the strength of the acrylic.

I can also recommend Fiona's Nail Graphix, it takes all the guess work out mixing.

I also have a lot of craft glitters that I mix. I keep these as they are so I can mix them as needed with either my acrylic or gel.

Dont forget to cap your glitter with clear! This protects the colour of the glitter whilst filing & buffing.
HTH

Thanks for all the info. So now I'm wondering do i or do I not mix the glitter with clear, cause some say yes some say no cause it turns cloudy? And will Tammy Taylor's True pink work?

If the Tammy Taylor pink is similar to the radiant pink of NSI ( a clear but more intense pink), I would go for mixing with a clear. I would choose clear as the more intense pink may interfere with the colour of the glitter.
I have never had any problems with my glitter mixed with clear going cloudy.
HTH

Thanks for all the info. So now i'm wondering do i or do I not mix the glitter with clear, cause some say yes some say no cause it turns cloudy? And will Tammy Taylor's True pink work?

I say apply your product (green ) real thin and then apply your clear over it to protect the intesity of it .....and give shape.....

Ok, did not mean to not answer you caqt4u2nv I have a stinking flu at the mo and all's a blur.

The Tammy Taylor pink should be ok but true a denser pink my not work as well, I always find that pink gives me a better look than the clear powder when mixed with glitter but that's just me I am sure others find working with clear just as good.

Try the nail Grafix glitter to start with just for a taster.

Latest posts

Back